Weaver Grand Slam rings

Brithunter

Currently awaiting delivery of these along with a set of Weaver bases to go an old Midland 2100 rifle.

The idea being that these bases should allow the fitting of any scope in fad.................................. fashion at the moment. The original P-H bases of course as troublesome if anything other than a 1" tube is used it seems.

The thing is that I have never actually seen or held a set of these grand Slam rings so the question is are they as good as they are made out to be.

As it is had to order them even in the US as the Midland is not that common. Hopefully they will arrive before Christmas.

Good luck with the delivery, I have two packages on the way and they are taking ages. It'll be at our end in the customs area - they need a squib up their backsides to get them to work. Amazon management should take them over!!!

Sorry to say.
My worst buy ever Kevin, I had Grand Slam QR steel 1" that I could never get to grip the scope, couldn't inflict them on anyone. :oops:

If the weaver bases are the same as my PH mod 1200 SA you could have had a set from me to try, could never get them to line up true to the bore on mine so went back to original PH bases and Warne rings, problems solved.

Sorry to say.
My worst buy ever Kevin, I had Grand Slam QR steel 1" that I could never get to grip the scope, couldn't inflict them on anyone. :oops:

If the weaver bases are the same as my PH mod 1200 SA you could have had a set from me to try, could never get them to line up true to the bore on mine so went back to original PH bases and Warne rings, problems solved.

Thanks for the offer of the bases but the Midland 2100 is different. Hence ordering from the US. I have brand new P-H bases on it right now but it's going up for sale so the idea was to make it easier for the next owner as many makes of rings can be found and had to fit the Weaver bases unlike the P-H ones.

I will stick a scope on and get it sighted in for some commercial ammo ..................................................... hopefully.

What scope they choose to use is then up to them.

I must admit that the Weaver set up is not my favourite but the bases are useful especially if one also wants to use the iron sights as well like on the P-H 1100M on which I do have Weaver bases and some rings that hold the Weaver K1.5 scope.

The bases for the Midland are No's 71 & 75 but they also list the 2600 which was the Gibbs built one and that uses #71 & #85 Let's hope the right ones arrive if not it's back to the drawing board.

The P-H 1000, 1100, 1200 etc uses #45 & #46.

Edit:- Checking the tracking number tells me that the package was accepted at 4:63 yesterday afternoon. So it's on it's way :D.

Last edited:
Kevin, just found the rings in the bit box, looked again at them.

:oops: the scope seats look to have just been poorly drilled, quality just like a British Leyland car at 5.30 on a Friday, nearly bankrupted by a few of those too------nuf said?

Hope delivery and fitting goes to plan.

Kevin, just found the rings in the bit box, looked again at them.

:oops: the scope seats look to have just been poorly drilled, quality just like a British Leyland car at 5.30 on a Friday, nearly bankrupted by a few of those too------nuf said?

Hope delivery and fitting goes to plan.

Hmmmm I suggest you don't look too closely as some of the so called premium cars then. I know it's been 11 years now but back then driving the slide and tilt recovery THE most common make I recovered from breakdowns was ................................................... BMW. near new ones at that.

Funny thing is that the cars that the British media slated for poor relibility like the Land Rover Freelander, the Rovers with the K series four pot engines, also picked up a fair amount of Peugeots and Nissans but the ones the media slated were just not that frequent customers on the back of the Truck. The small Mercedes also had loads of electronic woes back then. picked a few of them up and the Citroen C5.............................. clutch woes due to a penny pinching plastic clip on the clutch.

Vauxhall also had some right rubbish about then too.

I hope the bases fit OK too but will not know until they arrive. No one seems to know what was different on the Gibbs Rifle Co model 2600 to the P-H 2100 but Weaver list different bases for them :rolleyes: .

Back