Oh what fun it is to .....................

seibassman7

think about what to apply for on my first fac :D there are so many to choose from , what is best for rabbits, crows, foxes, deer, boar etc. it's like being a child in a sweet shop.

Of course reality then kicks in and as I do not have any permissions and just do paid stalking (which I love) it will be just the one rifle probably a 7mm -my dream is an inter war .275 Rigby / 7x57 / 7mm Mauser. Maybe a Rigby or a Jeffreys or something of that ilk. My wife can buy me a pithe helmet for my birthday (lol) No comments please about plastic over wood or this caliber over that :D What ever the outcome, the process is still fun and I can still dream of a rifle for every occassion.

I will be booking my dsc1 very soon and then everything should be in place to send the paperwork in. Not forgetting a letter or two to show booked stalks. Regards sbm

Keep dreaming , one day they'll come true ! Its surprising how one thing leads to another as it all progresses , atb arron.

I saw something in the latest basc newsletter about basc having acquired 3000 acres for stalking in Devon.
Not too far from you?.
Thanks for mentioning this, I will have to look into it because as you say, it is quite close to me and could be a another place to try. sbm.

think about what to apply for on my first fac :D there are so many to choose from , what is best for rabbits, crows, foxes, deer, boar etc. it's like being a child in a sweet shop.

Of course reality then kicks in and as I do not have any permissions and just do paid stalking (which I love) it will be just the one rifle probably a 7mm -my dream is an inter war .275 Rigby / 7x57 / 7mm Mauser. Maybe a Rigby or a Jeffreys or something of that ilk. My wife can buy me a pithe helmet for my birthday (lol) No comments please about plastic over wood or this caliber over that :D What ever the outcome, the process is still fun and I can still dream of a rifle for every occassion.

I will be booking my dsc1 very soon and then everything should be in place to send the paperwork in. Not forgetting a letter or two to show booked stalks. Regards sbm

:rofl:not had any contact with your licensing department yet then??:rolleyes:

Sorry, yes I think it is Dorset....still not too far?

I can't see anything on their website but it's definitely in the magazine, work in progress I think.​

Yes,its definitely happening,BASC announced it on here also,looking forward to see further details,should be good,especially for us down this way..

No,it just adds to the fun and feeling of achievement when you actually get what you want.....by which time of course you will want MORE RIFLES!!!!

Lol I have recently got in touch with the flo which was very constructive so everything is almost in place. You are of course correct, I know in furure I will want more rifles but I need so show a need/justify them and I cannot at the moment so small steps. Regards sbm

Back