Wild Wednesday night

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Gale force winds, thunder and lightening the electricity being knocked out, and all before breakfast, then to add insult to injury when it is light enough to see outside what really catches the eye,apart from the fact it is trying to snow, about 80% of my reloading shed roof is missing! Since located in the forest on the other side of the road to my house :D .

What a bloody night, electric not back on until late last night, still no mobile masts working and we have a layer of snow. How times change no phones, no internet, no mobiles would have meant nothing at all when I was a kid, now it is a right royal pain.

I feel sorry for those that really got beat up by the storm.

John

Sorry to hear about your woes.. but your all safe I hope?

Luckily we escaped mostly here which is odd considering how badly the two local towns suffered.

Odd to say that even the power stayed on and we get power cuts several times a year normally. Am just about to get another propane bottle to make sure the back up stove will OK for Christmas. Had to cook Christmas dinned on it last year due to a power outtage.

Midges and crap winter weather. That is your penance for living in such a beautiful part of the world. :D

I don't mind really it's just a pain when it happens overnight, yesterday was a prime example it went off again about 4pm and came back just before 9pm, five hours of torch and candles bit of a pain. Never mind it's back mow and so is the mobile network :thumb:

John

our thoughts are with those that have lost it all. homes, belongs and loved ones, live stock and pets.

for them that have lost power overnight and a little put out . Get a grip.lol:D

we all lost electric for 2 weeks, no tap water for 6 weeks. water tanks out on the road that we all shared and some found it clever to urinate in the tanks. sewage and water everywhere, we just got on with it.

My niece is over that way and couldn't afford the content insurance, husband ran off a short while ago leaving her and the kids. its the likes of these people i really feel for.

I've been clearing felled timber for clients for two days John. If you need a hand with anything obviously just let me know.

I hear that insurance companies are jumping ship on their clients using "Act of God" to slide out and leave those flooded with nothing. Had to go into Boston to get some stuff today and it was a fairly hot topic of conversation.

Hull flooded Thursday night/Friday morning due to a combination of high winds and 'spring' tides. Clear up in the morning also consisted of removing dead fish from streets and INSIDE buildings! Yep, that's right!

Gale force winds, thunder and lightening the electricity being knocked out, and all before breakfast, then to add insult to injury when it is light enough to see outside what really catches the eye,apart from the fact it is trying to snow, about 80% of my reloading shed roof is missing! Since located in the forest on the other side of the road to my house :D .

What a bloody night, electric not back on until late last night, still no mobile masts working and we have a layer of snow. How times change no phones, no internet, no mobiles would have meant nothing at all when I was a kid, now it is a right royal pain.

I feel sorry for those that really got beat up by the storm.

John

Will you please stop sending your crap weather over to us. Woke up friday morning with no electric and snow up to the bottom of the window at the front of the house. It took 2 hours to plow the snow so i could get to work.
Its been -10 today, cold again tonight and more snow on the way tomorrow. But i can see where the boar have been after the food i put out for them.

Will you please stop sending your crap weather over to us. Woke up friday morning with no electric and snow up to the bottom of the window at the front of the house. It took 2 hours to plow the snow so i could get to work.
Its been -10 today, cold again tonight and more snow on the way tomorrow. But i can see where the boar have been after the food i put out for them.

We are only trying to share.........................

Back