the future of shooting in Scotland?

finnbear270

Anyone want to think about Scotland having the power to pass laws banning airguns?what might come next? shooting recreationally, as opposed to shooting by full time professionals? a petition is in place against this move, if you hav'nt already signed up have look at the post on this in general discussion, think about the future & what these people could achieve in say 10 years time! :eek:

Scotland Shooting

Just think,

if we had not been pumped rotten by our lords and masters from the south for the last 300 years it might never have come to this :eek:

we now have 2 parliaments, twice the bawbags, more tax and it is only going to get worse.

Merry xmas :p

Banning shooting in Scotland would be like stopping the French from making wine :evil:

OK, It does sound a bit far fetched, This is not aimed at the Scots in general, the same would apply if the Welsh assembly went off on the same tangent, OK, It's ONLY airguns, we need to stick together when this sort of cr*p rears it's head, I never had a hankering for a pistol of any description, but that would no longer be a possibility anyway, would it? :idea:

The Welsh Assembly is pushing for more powers (they currently have less power the the Scottish Parliament) and may go to a referendum before long. The whole Welsh Assembly only got voted for by a tiny fraction over 50% of the voting population and I hope that any attempt to get more power is voted down. These second rate talking shops seem to attract second rate politicians if the ones that I have met are anything to go by.

HAHA

The Pump would not have been an OIL PUMP NOW WOULD IT.

dont :evil:

We have more public sector jobs up here than the old soviet union. that does not happen by accident, if it were not for Scotland Labour wqould have lost the last elelction, so lets leave it.

i am in a majority of 1 up here :evil: :evil:

Re: HAHA

dieseldan said:
We have more public sector jobs up here than the old soviet union. that does not happen by accident, if it were not for Scotland Labour wqould have lost the last elelction, so lets leave it.

You say this as if in some way we ought to be grateful.

Re: Scotland Shooting

dieseldan said:
Just think,

if we had not been pumped rotten by our lords and masters from the south for the last 300 years it might never have come to this :eek:

we now have 2 parliaments, twice the bawbags, more tax and it is only going to get worse.

Hmmm so it was not James who totally screwed over the Scots and happened to be a Scot?

Let's face the Scots have been fighting each other and squabbling over things since time began and it ain't going to alter any time soon. It's your own stupid fault for voting Labour :lol:

Another funny thing I have just remembered from History it was Scotland after bankrupting them selves who came to England for help and now the Scots in Westminster have bankrupted the whole union :cry: I see at least it's consistant :rolleyes: .

I always wanted to Stalk Red Deer in Scotland but could never afford the daft prices. It was cheaper to fly to America and spend two weeks there hunting Whitetails than stalking a reasonable Stag in Scotland ................... Hmmm I think it's called greed? :rolleyes:

I did one Roe Buck stalk whilst on holiday in Scotland and it left a very bad taste in my mouth, not real stalking and suddenly all sorts of invisable charges came out of the wood work :mad: I would be very careful before risking it again. The head keepers idea of Roe Stalking was to drive the tracks and shoot them from the vehicle :mad: .

Brithunter said:
dieseldan said:
Just think,

Hmmm so it was not James who totally screwed over the Scots and happened to be a Scot?

Let's face the Scots have been fighting each other and squabbling over things since time began and it ain't going to alter any time soon. It's your own stupid fault for voting Labour :lol:

Another funny thing I have just remembered from History it was Scotland after bankrupting them selves who came to England for help and now the Scots in Westminster have bankrupted the whole union :cry: I see at least it's consistant :rolleyes: .

I always wanted to Stalk Red Deer in Scotland but could never afford the daft prices. It was cheaper to fly to America and spend two weeks there hunting Whitetails than stalking a reasonable Stag in Scotland ................... Hmmm I think it's called greed? :rolleyes:

I did one Roe Buck stalk whilst on holiday in Scotland and it left a very bad taste in my mouth, not real stalking and suddenly all sorts of invisable charges came out of the wood work :mad: I would be very careful before risking it again. The head keepers idea of Roe Stalking was to drive the tracks and shoot them from the vehicle :mad: .

Behave yourself. What you have described is in no way unique to Scotland. In fact, the Scottish stalkers I have met have been unusally generous with their time & their efforts.

DL said:
Brithunter said:
dieseldan said:
Just think,

Behave yourself. What you have described is in no way unique to Scotland. In fact, the Scottish stalkers I have met have been unusally generous with their time & their efforts.

I'll admit that I have not met many Scottish stalkers, a few Scottish keepers yes but not stalkers ;) but let me get this straight it's OK for a Scot to complain about how hard done by they are/have been by the English :rolleyes: but it's not OK to point out a few facts from the English side?

Sounds like you should be in Westminster ;)

Now I have only visted Scotland three times so far and mostly we found warm welcoming people but several times we encountered very rude Anti English types. If that happened down here we would be had up for racism :cry: but one place was in a so called Pub and when this anti English stuff got a bit much and mention of it was made to the barman we got told to **** off back south. A proud moment for Scotland no doubt of course being downright rude to an elderly couple and middle aged son obviously was a brave thing to do :mad: .

And you tell me to behave myself :confused:

Brithunter said:
DL said:
Brithunter said:
dieseldan said:
Just think,

I'll admit that I have not met many Scottish stalkers, a few Scottish keepers yes but not stalkers ;) but let me get this straight it's OK for a Scot to complain about how hard done by they are/have been by the English :rolleyes: but it's not OK to point out a few facts from the English side?

Sounds like you should be in Westminster ;)

Now I have only visted Scotland three times so far and mostly we found warm welcoming people but several times we encountered very rude Anti English types. If that happened down here we would be had up for racism :cry: but one place was in a so called Pub and when this anti English stuff got a bit much and mention of it was made to the barman we got told to **** off back south. A proud moment for Scotland no doubt of course being downright rude to an elderly couple and middle aged son obviously was a brave thing to do :mad: .

And you tell me to behave myself :confused:

It’s not obvious what you are trying to achieve by airing your views of discontent towards stalking in Scotland in this thread. As a nation. I’m pretty certain that per head of population a proportionately high number of deer are shot in Scotland compared to that of other countries, deer are important to the Scottish, and similarly to people from abroad travel considerable distance, often regularly to stalk here. I know you have not been a member of this forum for long, but it would probably surprise you how many members travel to Scotland to stalk if they were having similar experiences, it would definitely be mentioned on this site

I can make no apology for your run in with a bar full of locals, firstly because I wasn’t there to put your side of things to the riff raff, & secondly because I don’t know both sides of the story.

It does seem unusual that you find it easier,and cheaper to go to the states & hunt whitetail, but that is your choice, I am all for people voting with their feet if they are not happy with the service they have received.
The freedom of choice is a wonderful thing, as is the freedom of speech, and if a barman wants to tell you to **** off, then that is his choice, he doesn’t deserve to go to court for choosing to refuse you service. There is enough pandering to the politically correct brigade as it is without worsening the situation further.

Now as this thread is about proposed changes to the law in Scotland, I will make my usual point about things happening in Scotland as a trial to gauge effectiveness before similar moves are made south of the border.

Although some of what I have said is doubtless unwelcome, let me finish on this note, Scottish stalker are in general immensely dedicated, proud of their work, and very committed individuals, please exercise caution before writing of the efforts of a nation’s deer stalkers with a few key strokes.

Bawbags

Dear BRITHUNTER,

The fact that you have visited Scotland 3-times coupled with your logon name speaks volumes to humble servants like me. Have you ever heard of Wales or Ulster?

Oh, and I have NEVER voted for the one eyed baffoon currently ruining us all. I work for a living, why would I? I live in a nice house pay 40% tax and even have a car. I can even afford to stalk here. Pity I wont be able to soon unless I am on a register.

I am not ANTI-ENGLISH or RACIST, what I said was tongue firmly in cheek, but it matters not we have seen your true colours.

Here is one for your album, put it beside the famous dragon slayer, St Shrek:

RedsonHill.jpg

The stalker was from Yorkshire and the estate is owned by a Spanish architect :D :D

Ahhh sorry chaps perhaps I should expaling the origin of the handle "Brithunter" ;)

My Handle came about some years ago whilst using American based forums and new server and host was brought along and the chance to change hanlde was offered as I was being asked fairly frequently where I hailed from the handle Brithunter came into being to explain it. To Americans we are Brits ...... simple and as I hunt it seemed logical to me anyway and it's a handle I use on the forums. You will find it used on:-

THL
Gunboards
Huntchat
GBO

and a few others.

Now I have only visted Scotland three times yes that's true mainly due to distance and cost, I have visited Wales about five times never been to Ireland. Visited the US twice with 21 years between them second time by invitation to hunt with a friend and his brothers. Visited Spain once to work at a Holiday resort for three months and Belguim Three times, two of those to watch the Motor X GP's at Namur the other just drove up from Farnace on a shopping trip. Luxeboug once again to watch the Moto X GP. France once with the school and about a dozen times on shopping trips. Not exactly what one could be called well travelled. Heck I no longer even have a valid passport.

I am sorry if our friends North of the wall don't like my handle but I ahve used it too many years to even think of changing it. Brithunter is me and I am Brithunter ;) .

Back