underlever

hi guys me again i am not having much luck finding a .444 or 45-70 but looking at this
Itailian made 1876 Winchester in .45-60 - Uberti Rifles
I have found data that i can load it up to deer legal limits but whats the make like should i stay clear and keep looking, I might just get a 30-30 till i find the right cal,atb wayne
Wait it out for a jm marlin buddy. And good luck in finding one, I scored a mint T4 recently for a fair price, and am looking for a 357 too, but I'm happy to wait than buy second best

if you are loking for a new one Mcavoys nr wigan sell both marlins and browning underlevers.
been looking for a BLR in 358win myself.
Paul

thanks guys ,sinbad ideally i am not looking for new i like the octaganol barrel but i might be dreaming I also like the stocks on an older version, atb wayne

You might find one through South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies if you haven't already tried them Mereside

go one wet my appitite 6pt sika i have been thinking about importing I need to ask if its possible from usa ,its easy for europe but i am hoping its the same for further afield if i get the import licence, atb wayne

go one wet my appitite 6pt sika i have been thinking about importing I need to ask if its possible from usa ,its easy for europe but i am hoping its the same for further afield if i get the import licence, atb wayne

If I'm not mistaken you need to find a broker in the USA so to speak or rather a guy with an exportation license . And he can buy from me on your behalf and then ship to you .

At the moment I have three on Gunbroker for sale one's circa 1968 , ones a 1969 and the third is a 1970 . All three have only shot my home cast bullets since being in my possesion !

I sold a very nice Marlin Model 1893 in 32-40 that was made in 1906 to a fellow in the UK his broker was somewhere in Colorado if memory serves !

hi guys me again i am not having much luck finding a .444 or 45-70 but looking at this
Itailian made 1876 Winchester in .45-60 - Uberti Rifles
I have found data that i can load it up to deer legal limits but whats the make like should i stay clear and keep looking, I might just get a 30-30 till i find the right cal,atb wayne
I work with a gunsmith... he warned me against the Uberti rifles.... Get on EGUN.DE... Usually pretty easy to find used Marlins and a lot of the folks will ship international. Frankonia has them new for 900 euro (and a 15% rebate at the moment). My neighbor has a stainless steel version in a guide gun that he wants to sell (he's gettin up in years and it kicks too hard he says) but I don't know how it would work with a private person. May have to do it (the shipping) thru dealers ... Think he mentioned about 500 euro for it. If you are interested, I can put you in contact with him (he is American, so language won't be a problem).....
Good Luck.
I just picked up a Browning BLR in .308 that would take care of you real nice.... Or you could get one in 30.06, magazine fed so no special ammo. Local shop here has them for 999 euro including 19% VAT. He ships international.

Last edited:
I was told to either get a brand new marlin (last 3 years or so) or one before the remington takeover (has the JM stamp on the barrel). They say there are winchesters to stay away from also..... Another reason I bought the Browning.....

Daven, how do you find the trigger on the blr???
Also does the local shop have the blr in .358 win available.
Thanks
Paul

The thing with the new ones is to me they look different, I have an image of the type i am after like this but in a .444 if possible But i don't actually know if they do them I am abit odd in the fact i like old style.
MARLIN 1893 DELUXE.30-30 - Marlin Rifles
Marlin 1893 30-30 - Marlin Rifles
I would also really like the octaganol barrel I know these are a longer style gun so not sure how practical it will be
6pt-sika i do like those you have they are of the right era ,thanks guys wayne

Last edited:
I think you can still buy them with the octaganol barrel Wayne, but as you said the genuine old rifles have a certain charm about them.
Paul

Daven, how do you find the trigger on the blr???
Also does the local shop have the blr in .358 win available.
Thanks
Paul

I don't know, haven't got the rifle yet (just got it on auction the other day). If it is long and heavy, the way most folks don't want it, I'll like it just fine. I can give you the contact info if you want it for the shop.

The thing with the new ones is to me they look different, I have an image of the type i am after like this but in a .444 if possible But i don't actually know if they do them I am abit odd in the fact i like old style.
MARLIN 1893 DELUXE.30-30 - Marlin Rifles
Marlin 1893 30-30 - Marlin Rifles
I would also really like the octaganol barrel I know these are a longer style gun so not sure how practical it will be
6pt-sika i do like those you have they are of the right era ,thanks guys wayne

They upgraded them for a reason I'm sure..... Do you just want to have one (same with me), or do you plan on hunting with it? What do you plan on hunting and what conditions do you expect?

daven i plan on using it for stalking and driven game abroad, everything will be close under 100 yrds or theres abouts. Just need to keep things legal for deer in the uk but really want the old style, my plan is to take certain animals with it I am not loaded so cant have endless trophys I just want memorable hunts with different cals, atb wayne

Back