ppu brass

bobjs

got a shooting buddy thinking of reloading the ppu 222 cases .

how do those that use it find it,

I have reloaded some in 243 and found the brass better than ok,

your thoughts please.

thank you

bob.

got a shooting buddy thinking of reloading the ppu 222 cases .

how do those that use it find it,

I have reloaded some in 243 and found the brass better than ok,

your thoughts please.

thank you

bob.
I have given some once fired .243 ppu brass to a mate for reloading.According to him it is good quality brass

Just worked up a load for 6.5x55. I have alway settled with an average variation of 20 to 30fps. This brass has found a sweet spot which gave me an average variation of 11fps over 10 rounds. The jury is still out though. I will be closely inspecting it after each firing. I hope it will last long enough to make it worth using.

I'm pretty sure PPU headstamped brass is different to NNY. I have found NNY are very slightly heavier and I am getting a little more pressure from them. Would be interested in anyone elses findings.

I've had NNY and PPU stamped brass in .308, the NNY is certainly heavier and not a bad case.

I also had 100 PPU stamped .44mag cases, terrible brass, several case neck splits areter 2 or 3 firings using a mild indoor 25m load. Using the same load in StarLine cases I have cases that have been fired more than 10 times with almost no stretching or any sign of wear.

Dont worry about longevity tackleberry, I use ppu cases fro my .223 with a pretty hot load for the 50gr ballistic tips and they are still going strong 10 reloads later.
Ive had one case neck split so far out of 100 i bought, so more than happy, also the case weights have been pretty consistent.
Paul

I'm gonna be the odd one out I know I tried reloading it with my .243 and I found it pretty rubbish to be honest, maybe it was a bad batch! But same load with other brass i, e Norma was fine just my experience anyway!

I'm gonna be the odd one out I know I tried reloading it with my .243 and I found it pretty rubbish to be honest, maybe it was a bad batch! But same load with other brass i, e Norma was fine just my experience anyway!

I tried it once, and did not get on too well with it. but they were once fired factory.

NNY or PPU?

cheers guys.

just helping a guy out with low cost brass etc,

seems the shop he found with new brass has got to be a deal he can't miss (at the price they are asking)

bob.

cheers guys.just helping a guy out with low cost brass etc, seems the shop he found with new brass has got to be a deal he can't miss (at the price they are asking)bob.
So there is somewhere local that is selling brass at a good price is there Bob ?
I thought from your first post that Craig had finally got round to using the box of .222 I gave him when I moved that chiller for him.
Seeing as I gave them to him I thought he might have let me know how he got on with them as not all rifles take to them the same as mine.
I suppose he is still around ?

So there is somewhere local that is selling brass at a good price is there Bob ?
I thought from your first post that Craig had finally got round to using the box of .222 I gave him when I moved that chiller for him.
Seeing as I gave them to him I thought he might have let me know how he got on with them as not all rifles take to them the same as mine.
I suppose he is still around ?

Hi Ed.

i hope all is well.

I have to admit i have lost contact with craig and we have not been shooting since i sold my 4x4,(not down to craig just needs must) a lot of the land i shot has gone to others and some have been taken over by others since i have left so i don't have much land other than the 6000 acres at work.

I am not sure if he even still has his rifles or if he still shoots anymore.( issues i can not go into her or ever to be honest) I as you may or may not know share the shooting at work but that is just for me and the keepers now, so i use the estate vehicle to do my shooting/when i can, and even thats not much this time of year with the birds on the ground and so many shoots per season,

as for a local seller its not,it's on the net and i think its 243 and 222, its cheap 'well the cheapest i have seen it' for new ppu brass,

keep well and shoot straight

bob.

I had a 100 ppu 5 years ago in 222. Only just started to find splits in them, I just bin the bad and load the good un's.

My standard case in 357, 30-06, 22-250 and 17 Hornet (sized and fireformed 22 Hornet) and I find it really good.
Not as good as Lapua and about the same as Norma but better than most other stuff like Winchester and Federal.
They take use well and are really good value.

Back