Special thanks to windygun

Cyres

I would just like to say a massive thank you to Windygun for his help and advice relating to the problem with my central heating system leak.

Couple of PM's and Txts on Friday saw me on Sat am taking up the carpet in the lounge and found a leaking feed pipe which had been punctured by the tip of a very old rusty nail which had been slowly hitting the pipe as the floor board moved as it was immeadiatly infront of the lounge/hall door.

Must have been leaking for weeks/months. Anyway chopped feed live and fitted a compression fitting refilled system and added Inhibitor and holding at a happy 1 bar, so warm house, floor boards and carpet will have to stay up to allow floor void to dry out.

Anyway if anybody needs a super heating/plumber engineer in the York area then Windygun is the man.

Regards

D

You are most welcome and thanks for the recommendation. Ive learnt a lot from the content of this forum so 20 minutes spent helping someone else out is a fair tradeoff. regards. Dave

Fancy a trip to Hampshire next year? I will need some help installing some solar heating, an air source heater and a woodburner with back boiler.
Will cook you dinner as payment and buy you a pint. :D
Oh and I had a similar problem with a nail but it was my own stupidly.

SS you would be in safe hands if you have a word with Windygun, also he might have some time in the summer, busy chaP at present.

Concrete below floorboards is drying out well so may get boards and carpet down by Friday.

D

Back