Track training

cookingfat

[VIDEO][/

track training with with my four month old lab today,
can't wait to get her home to continue with her training.

:thumb:Perfect demonstration, well done!
I hope, a lot did notice that you didnt give the whole length of the leash, great job, that allows an easier control, a direct correction and supports the relationship between dog and holder!
Again, a great start of training a young dog, no matter which breed (maybe the first thread ever without breed and race discussions...?)!
Keep going and posting, I would like to see more, a good training vid for newcomers also, maybe you could add a few details about your preparation of the track...:old:

Atb Michael

Thanks Michael,
I am bringing back her brother of my little bitch for another SD member, I will leave it up to him to post any information on him.
I will post some information on the training when I get home

REgards Tony

Thanks Michael,
I am bringing back her brother of my little bitch for another SD member, I will leave it up to him to post any information on him.
I will post some information on the training when I get home

REgards Tony

Please do Tony,I for one would be extremely interested in such basic training techniques should you post some.

Please do Tony,I for one would be extremely interested in such basic training techniques should you post some.

Hi gelert,
training with this little pup started when she was a couple of weeks old, I say training more like assoating her with the things she is going to be working with when she is older at this young age, deer hoofs and pieces skin in there play pen, at 8 weeks old I make a meter squire patch on the lawn and drag a pluck around it then sprinkle some dry dog food on it, then let the pup Hoover it up, I continue this for a week or two, next is a short pluck or liver drag on a strait line for 20 feet'ish with a reward at the end(food)and lots of praise,
at about 12weeks they are ready for something approaching a proper track, this is done with a small 2x2 piece of towel on a bit of string with blood on the towel,then drag it along side a hedge or something that will help guide the pup, I also put a piece of dry dog food every meter or so along the trail, then leave it for an hour or so before trying your pup on it, I always but food as a reward at the end in the early stages of training.

This is just the beginning of training will send you my phone number in a pm should you require any more info.

there are many different ways of training a pup/dog to track deer as others on the site will tell you and they all very good methods too, this is the way I like to start my pups off.

hope this helps.

Tony

Back