FAC Variation for rebarrel in different calibre

I. Farticus

All

I currently have a .22-250 that is going to get rebarreled in 7mm-08.

On my FAC I currently have:
1. .22LR - empty
2. .22-250 - filled
3. 6.5x55mm - filled
4. 6.5x47mm - empty

I will have no further requirement for the .22-250 as it was purely for the donor action (stonking rifle though, with 3 in the same hole first time out, but too fast for any MOD range).

I will have no requirement for the 6.5x47mm

Question: What is the smartest plan to go about getting my FAC Variation for the 7mm-08?

Do I send the .22-250 off to the gunsmith, and then send in the Variation:
1. Showing the .22-250 as disposed of and ask for the 7mm-08 as a 1:1 for the .22-250 and lose the 6.5x47mm

2. Showing the .22-250 as disposed of and ask for the 7mm-08 as a 1:1 for the 6.5x47mm and lose the .22-250

Ok, on paper it makes s*d all difference, as I end up with an FAC with 6.5x55mm and 7mm-08, however... the 7mm will then get added on, but with the same serial number as the .22-250, so does THAT make the difference?

Any thoughts, or should I just contact my FEO and then ask you all again when he holds his hands up in horror!!

Hoping that someone's been through this recently, or that James/Jager, et al pop up with the answer immediately

Many thanks
iain

I would speak to your firearms department and ask which way they would like you to go about it!

Like you say it will make no difference at the end of the day but I would just put the question to them and I'm sure they will give you an answer,

I don't really have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to congratulate on your new choice of chambering.

L

Thought you might :) We can compare notes at BSRC sometime early next year! What are you putting through yours? I'm looking at either 139gr or 154gr SSTs

Cheers
iain

Hand the 22-250 over to your gunsmith for re barrel then send your cert in stating calibre change to serial no *******. 22-250. To 7-08

L

Thought you might :) We can compare notes at BSRC sometime early next year! What are you putting through yours? I'm looking at either 139gr or 154gr SSTs

Cheers
iain

Hello Iain.

In the end I just stuck to the 140gr Nosler BTs. They go where I want them to go and they make deer drop stone dead. I have total confidence in them, so it takes that variable out of the equation and I know that I just need to concentrate on my part. I'm finishing off my Federal Vital Shok rounds, and I have 100 clones from HPS Target Rifles on order. I would have happily used a clone of the Power Shoks with 150gr Speers, but HPS told me that that particular bullet isn't imported into the UK at the moment other than as part of Federal rounds. So Nosler BTs it is. I'm happy with that. No need to mess around anymore. I'm still trying to use up my variety pack of random factory rounds at the BSRC, and I managed to loose off 18 rounds last time before the horn went, but I still have a few to get through. I have yet to use that rifle on the running deer. It tends to be hogged by very very serious running deer shooters and the queue's quite long. Maybe a range day in the Spring or something. Anyway, once I have my system of alternate rolling batches with HPS at £1.04 a round, I'll be able to afford to practice more. Although finding the time to do so is less of a given. I'll try and go for a practice session before I go after CWD with Malc at the end of February.

If you have a moderator slot that is not filled and you are not going to obtain one use this for the barrel and or action, do the same for new mod , ammo use same as now but diff cal to suit.
I always keep extra mods on cert just for this or a spare barrel on cert that i may wish to build later , once my RPA .243 Thumb hole hopefully sells i shall be adding a a 6x47 as a 1 4 1 for a .22 mod :D

Back