Thread: Stalking near Swindon (or Oxford)

Stalking near Swindon (or Oxford)

Hi. I'm a fairly new stalker with my own rifle and my DSC1. I just need to get out and get some more experience. Anyone got any stalking near Swindon that won't break the bank? Many thanks.

Would you consider Jelen Deer Services near Winchester, not that far from you really, plus the opportunity to stalk on the Beaulieu estate. They also offer highseat stalking for a knock down price. This could help to off set the fuel cost and still get you out and about.

Oli rowlands at hungerford park has lots of deer and is reasonable, contact via guns on pegs or pm me for his details

Thanks Paul! I was out with Mike a couple of weeks ago, but it's quite a drive from up here! I shall certainly be going back though.

Also a newbie with only two outings under my belt, I can thoroughly recommend Tom Marshall at Cornbury Park Rups (I've a second stalk booked with him for February):

60 for the stalk (I opted for an actual stalk as opposed to high-seat - a most pleasant saunter around Whychwood Forest) plus 30 for each cull animal taken. Carcass extra at Game Dealer rates.