Reloading... how?

hutt

Hello all,

I have just got a variation for 45-70, .308, and .223.

Previously I've just had a .243 with 100gr. PRVI which works a treat. However, with these new calibres, particularity the 45-70, I'd like to reload. I know absolutely nothing about it, and as such wondered if there was a kit, with everything I can possibly need, including any and all tools, and all the cartridge components?

Also, is there anywhere in the South West, or to mail order, cheap surplus ammo in 308 and 223?

Cheers!

look at the top of the ammunition page for the how to by csl, spud on here is great to deal with and has as much gear as you need, get some good reloading books to understand the process and it will keep you right, 45-70 might open up a new world to you as you probably won't just stick to reloading but casting your own ,good luck wayne

Hello all,

I have just got a variation for 45-70, .308, and .223.

Previously I've just had a .243 with 100gr. PRVI which works a treat. However, with these new calibres, particularity the 45-70, I'd like to reload. I know absolutely nothing about it, and as such wondered if there was a kit, with everything I can possibly need, including any and all tools, and all the cartridge components?

Also, is there anywhere in the South West, or to mail order, cheap surplus ammo in 308 and 223?

Cheers!
South west. Big area. Where abouts in the 'south west' are you ?

And ues, you'll soon be casting big boolits for the 45/70(the only 'government' that's trustworthy) ;)

South west. Big area. Where abouts in the 'south west' are you ?
One of his earlier posts says he's in Bristol.

Hutt, it would be worth you asking to spend some time with someone on here that reloads. I'm up in Gloucester and would be more than happy to show you what I do and what kit I use. Everyone does things slightly differently, but you'd get an idea about what kit you want and how much you need to spend.

Thank you so much for all your kindly advice. I'd love to take you up on seeing how it is done if I may?

Cheers!

Back