Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Honda quad problems

  1. #11
    Ranger22,Fault code 10 is to do with the ECU(electric brain).First place to start would be to check the plugs that go into it, they may have water in them,clean and blow dry spray with di-electric grease, make sure they are plugged back together properly it has been known for them to ease apart causing the bike to think there is a fault. to re-calibrate your bike turn off the ignition,Press and hold the up and down buttons in,turn on the ignition release buttons then press up down upon buttons,then press the throttle lever fully open- you then should hear the servo motors re-setting, the atv should then operate normally until it detects another fault,the newer ones can store more than one fault so if it hasn't been cleared it may still have previous fault codes stored. How old is your atv i will look in the workshop manual tomorrow for you if that helps
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser

  2. #12
    Aye, think ya too rough on the stuff. mmmmmmmmm

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by keith@honda View Post
    Ranger22,Fault code 10 is to do with the ECU(electric brain).First place to start would be to check the plugs that go into it, they may have water in them,clean and blow dry spray with di-electric grease, make sure they are plugged back together properly it has been known for them to ease apart causing the bike to think there is a fault. to re-calibrate your bike turn off the ignition,Press and hold the up and down buttons in,turn on the ignition release buttons then press up down upon buttons,then press the throttle lever fully open- you then should hear the servo motors re-setting, the atv should then operate normally until it detects another fault,the newer ones can store more than one fault so if it hasn't been cleared it may still have previous fault codes stored. How old is your atv i will look in the workshop manual tomorrow for you if that helps

    Hi Keith, the quads roughly 3 years old. It's been to the garage and nothing faulty has been found. The previous codes have been cleared, two of them, it has been run every way possible to try and get it to do it again but as per normal it won't do it when a mechanic is there! Got it back home and to run it and see what developes. Other codes it has shown in the past are 3,5 and 7. Beginning to think its just a bad one. Any advice appreciated

    Al

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rem284 View Post
    Aye, think ya too rough on the stuff. mmmmmmmmm
    na not me, I leave that for others to do!!

  5. #15
    ranger22, for all the fault codes that you mentioned according to the book the common cause is the 21 pin plug into the ECU so i would start to check that out first, when you say it has been to the garage to be fixed do you mean local chap in the village or is it main dealer.if it is a newish bike some of these are now able to be plugged into a laptop and the fault found that way.
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser

  6. #16
    I'm sure keith will put me right here,

    But last time i was in at the honda dealership the mechanics where saying that the hondas like ur's actually 'learn' how u drive it and changes gears to suit u, they had just been on a course about (still think they might off been on a wind up thou).
    Said there was 1 or 2 on some big farms with 2 or 3 folk driving each and they were running/changing gear like a sack of sh**, mechanics said the bike could not figure out how to change the gears right as so many different styles of driving (young lad/son 100mph everywhere, older hand/owner plodding along sensibly)

    Things are far too complicated now, long gone are the days of the old 'big reds' which were almost indestructable even running then almost bone dry for oil never bothered them, now the minute u drop below min the bikes don't like it. Must admit that althou i moan at how dear it is to change every 2 years it does make sense esp with the more complicated bikes (mibee not so bad with a manual shift) esp when u rely on them day in day out
    U can even plug chainsaws into diagnostic computers now, the world has gone mad
    Last edited by countrryboy; 14-12-2013 at 22:55.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Hi Keith, the quads roughly 3 years old. It's been to the garage and nothing faulty has been found. The previous codes have been cleared, two of them, it has been run every way possible to try and get it to do it again but as per normal it won't do it when a mechanic is there! Got it back home and to run it and see what developes. Other codes it has shown in the past are 3,5 and 7. Beginning to think its just a bad one. Any advice appreciated

    Al
    Eye al buy a Suzuki

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by keith@honda View Post
    ranger22, for all the fault codes that you mentioned according to the book the common cause is the 21 pin plug into the ECU so i would start to check that out first, when you say it has been to the garage to be fixed do you mean local chap in the village or is it main dealer.if it is a newish bike some of these are now able to be plugged into a laptop and the fault found that way.
    Hi Keith, it's been to the main dealer. The mechanic like you Keith knows his stuff, just wondered if we were missing something somebody else with the same/ similar problem had found. Well I'll run it and see what happens

    Al

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Honda Quad
    By lukejr175 in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-09-2013, 15:54
  2. For Sale Honda Quad - (eBay heads up).
    By Eyefor in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 20:40
  3. For Sale honda 420 fm quad
    By ajfab in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-03-2013, 22:05
  4. Wanted Honda Quad Bike and Trailer
    By stevenjames in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-10-2012, 15:46
  5. For Sale Honda quad.
    By sako85 in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 09:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •