Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Afternoon from Afghanistan!

Good Afternoon from Afghanistan!

Hi Everybody,

I'm Tom and I'm a Captain in the British Army. I'm currently serving in Afghanistan doing a really interesting job.

When not deployed I'm based in Nordrhein Westfalen in Germany. I've got my German hunting licence (Jagdschein) and I also have a UK FAC and shotgun certificate. I've done lots of hunting in both the UK and Germany hunting species like boar, roe, red, fallow and mouflon. I also thoroughly enjoy hunting rabbit and fox with my Dad in the UK, and rough shooting in Germany with my hunting group.

I have a trained bayerischer Gebirgschweißhund (BMH) called Bayer who is two and a half and beautiful. She has worked on roe, red and boar and done well on all of them.

In Germany I own a 9,3x62 calibre Tikka T3 stainless synthetic with a Bell & Carlson stock from the US. I love this calibre and find it amazing on all quarry I've used it on. I have shot roe and boar with it and there is less meat damage than a .270 but with very good stopping power. Great calibre that I would greatly recommend! I also have a 12 gauge that I have used for pheasant, hare and pigeon.

In the UK I have various rifles and calibres ranging from .22 LR to .308 Win with a few in between!

Im joining The Stalking Directory for two reasons; firstly to get involved in the posts and have an input and gain useful insight into some very interesting topics. Secondly, which will come in a few months time, I will introduce a project I have been working on for some time (even my down time whilst deployed!). It is a brand new concept in the UK and will open up a whole new platform for the sale and purchase of weapons online. Really exciting stuff, but more to follow...(when the time comes I will obviously get the necessary Trade Membership but I promise I won't be selling anything etc in the meantime!).

it will be great to get involved in the discussions and I look forward to getting to know people better in due course. Weidmannsheil!!

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Tom - welcome. Always pleased to see new members, especially those with wider experience from further afield.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Welcome to sd great intro
    To you and you comrades in afghan
    regards pete

Even Monkeys are welcome here

Welcome to the forum, great to hear you plans and hope all goes to plan for the the meantime both you and those under your command keep safe.
    Regards David
    (ex serviceman so know what the long periods are like when away and off duty)

Welcome along Tom, thanks for your service

Welcome Tom. Looking forward to hearing about your project.

sounds interesting alright, welcome

Thank you for the warm welcomes, it bodes well that even on my first post there is a Monkey reference .

I will reveal all of my project in due course but in the meantime I'll be getting stuck into the posts. Merry Christmas

Thank You for your service to your Country... Merry Christmas to you too.......