Dog shoots 2 hunters

Nice Christmas present, a decent goose load through the legs/ hands, another vote for broken open breeches or bolts all the way back or removed! :confused:

[The remaining members of the party - in camouflage gear and driving 4x4 vehicles - refused to give details about what happened.)

Camo gear & 4x4's - oooh! very sinister :rolleyes: They must be wrong 'uns .

[Police said the shooting was an accident and that one man had been charged for a contravention of the Firearms Act. They did not reveal if he was one of the injured pair.)

But the dog shot two blokes & got off scott free !!! :p

Did the dog just brown the group or was it a genuine left and right?

Any other doggie witnesses present as the mutt might be up for membership of the Dickhead Club - two dicks with a single gun effectively brought to hospital?

It would be good to find out if they were using non-lead shot then, if they weren't, like so many duck and goose shooters, prosicute them for that just as the icing on the cake. Bloody good job that their bad weapon handling resuluted in only them getting shot not another dog. JC

Sorry Ogive, can't open the link but I guess you are reprimanding me for the fact that they were inland shooters therefore were entitled to use lead in Scotland. If this is the case then I stand corrected and will beat myself with birch twigs at the first opportunity. Has there been a development in this case as I see the original post is eight months old or is it just another case of someone looking to be argumentative? As I have said, I can't open the link so appologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick. JC

I just found the thread today.

The story interested me and it has actually moved on but that hadn't made it onto the thread.

Lack of grasp of the Scots regulations on lead shot is also a constantly recurring issue on these pages, as I've found.

No harm meant.

Back