Kennel & Run

jackfish

Can any of you guys advise on where to buy a good quality kennel and run? Or would I just be better off building one myself. Any ideas appreciated.

ATB

Bryan

Time at home is at a premium for me Bryan with me working away, so I thought long and hard
about building my own compared to a ready made.

In the end I went with a ready made.

After pricing up timber and materials plus my time, it ended up similar costs to be honest...and much less hassle!!

I did the drainage, soak pit and concrete plinth work one trip home, then next trip home the guys delivered and rattled up in 45mins.

I modified by lining the kennel with 22mm sterling board for insulation and to prevent the pup chewing the uprights and did the same half height in the run to stop any potential chewing.

This is a 14x4 run and houses 3 of my dogs during the day.

I'm well happy and at £715 I really can't complain

Got it here Chesterfield Dog Kennel 14ft(W) x 4ft(D) - Dog Kennels For Sale

After treating and modifying:

IMAG1603_BURST002_zps9ccbcfd4.jpg

IMAG1602_zps27d0172f.jpg

Always an option anyway mate, ps, PM if you want detailed pics to see the build quality etc.

Last edited:
Would highly recommend Mitton Hall kennels. No wood to rot or smell, easily power washed inside and out back to looking like new. Maybe a bit more expensive but will last forever.

Cheers lads, appreciate the feedback. Rigboot would be interested to hear more as pretty much the same here I'm away offshore half the year and my time is valuable at home, I have sent a P.M. your way.

ATB

Bryan

Back