Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out shooting on your own

Out shooting on your own

I love getting out on the farm for a few hours shooting whether it be with the .243 after foxes or Roe or out with the airgun , however I must confess that I prefer having a bit of company when I go out , do you guys prefer out shooting on your own or with someone with you
    Enjoy yourself's later than you think !!

Prefer it out on my own, with 4 children at home any me time is appreciated!

Can't beat a bit of solitude.
    Good time to mull over things and take in the peace and quiet away from it all

On my own by choice but it's not always possible

its always good having a lamping partner but not stalking nothing worse than some noisy bugger dragging there feet or stepping on a branch the wrong way lol i tend to do most of my lamping my self i get pretty ratty when someone points the lamp the wrong way etc and they end up not wanting to go out again so probs best on my own lol

I like to go out alone. Firstly cos its nice to get away and also cos I dont have to worry about the movement of the 2 nd person.

Established Poster
    The Central Belt of Gods Own Country
    View my Gallery (3)View my Gallery (3)
    Hi Varmint
    On my own mostly, but also with the dog which is best !
    It is good to have a shoot buddy though.
    Helps on occasions to have someone there to help work stuff out.

Depends, I do enjoy a day out stalking with others but I very much enjoy my own company too, nothing better than taking it all in.

My 11 year old well he does make a bit of extra noise but my time with him I wouldn't swap for the world. I have a friend who I have taken out on a few occasions but he's just too noisey for my liking, bull in a china shop comes to mind!!

Alba gu bràth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

I like to stalk by myself, but ideally have a buddy somewhere else on the land, so we can have a coffee and a natter afterwards, or before heading off in new directions
    Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

used to shoot with 5 good mates on a regular basis, but things change and now i shoot with just the keepers etc, and on the odd occasion ill pop out for a few hours on my own, normally after work ill stay behind for a run round with the lamp.

and as mentioned i'll mull over life and...................ask why my youngest daughter and not me.

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube