Emergency First Aid Certificate

Sako Hunter

I have just found out from a friend of mine that from next year, the FC will require all syndicate stalkers on its land to hold an Emergency Fist Aid Certificate, I run a small training company and if enough members are interested, could organise the above courses at various locations around the UK. I can run them for definite in the midlands (Sheffield area) anytime through an associate of mine. I can find out pricing etc if enough people are interested. (Admin if this ends up being a goer I will set up trade membership)

Guys let me know what you think.

I would be interested if its the midlands, tried my local college! but they said they have no funding to run a course???

Emergency First Aid at Work is a one day course. I've never heard of anyone failing. AFAIK since October there is no longer a requirement for the courses to be approved by HSE, which gives a bit more flexibility for providers.

Have a look on St. John's Ambulance website. Regular courses throughout country- you can book online, costs approx £140.00 for the day.

Edit - sorry should clarify. It will work out (much) cheaper if you arrange a group booking with a provider. The St. John's route is just an easy 'buy it now' route to go down if it is just for you on your tod... plus an easy way to find one very locally.

Last edited:
Emergency First Aid at Work is a one day course. I've never heard of anyone failing. AFAIK since October there is no longer a requirement for the courses to be approved by HSE, which gives a bit more flexibility for providers.

Ah,thats what I was hoping you would say,already got it!!:smug:

I recently signed up to be a Community First Responder. I am waiting for my criminal records check to come back then I can go on my emergency life support training with the local ambulance service. Although I am not doing it for the reason of what might happen when I go out shooting. It does then give me access to lots of local courses run by paramedic training.

Ian

I was trying to work out what you meant by the 'kerchiing' comment. Most recently, I did a three day course with a local organisation this year and felt for the content, staffing level and premises it was very reasonably priced. Certainly, I don't think they would be raking it in.

I don't think it would be a bad thing if everyone in the country did some kind of first aid training. When you consider the money everyone is forced to spend, say, gaining a driving licence, it seems like a small price to pay for the potential benefit to save someone else from death or more serious injury.

If the FC are stipulating this as a requirement, then it's no bad thing.

regards

Ian

I was trying to work out what you meant by the 'kerchiing' comment. Most recently, I did a three day course with a local organisation this year and felt for the content, staffing level and premises it was very reasonably priced. Certainly, I don't think they would be raking it in.

I don't think it would be a bad thing if everyone in the country did some kind of first aid training. When you consider the money everyone is forced to spend, say, gaining a driving licence, it seems like a small price to pay for the potential benefit to save someone else from death or more serious injury.

If the FC are stipulating this as a requirement, then it's no bad thing.

regards

Ian

Instead of some of the crap they teach on the national curriculum they could teach a GCSE in first aid.

Ian

Great idea. Actually, that came up when we were discussing the course with on of the instructors and I forgot.

Maybe they could add it to a list of useful subjects along with social skills, common sense and work ethics. :D

regards

Ian

Kerching because in my opinion it is just another added cost, and requirement being added.

As each year goes by, another "needed" requirement gets dumped on us, and we are told that we "need" this and that to be able to go out stalking.

Quad course, chainsaw course, first aid course, DSC2 course,

what next ? off road driving course, ? manual handling skills ? risk assessment training ?

I`m in the wrong industry, training is the money spinner, KERCHIIIIIING !!

I do sometimes wonder if those who see training as a money spinner have ever had to prepare and deliver a professional training course. I'm not talking here about being an AW, or taking people out stalking, but a proper, professional, well-prepared training course delivered to a group of attendees of often widely differing abilities.

It's no different really to those who complain endlessly about the costs of going out with a professional stalker. All they see is the two or three hours of the final product, not any of the preparation or follow-up.

And if it's such an easy way to make money, I can't figure out why they don't they get off their backsides and give it a go? Then they can join all those millionaire professional trainers driving round in their Range Rovers :rolleyes:

willie_gunn

I do sometimes wonder if those who see training as a money spinner have ever had to prepare and deliver a professional training course. I'm not talking here about being an AW, or taking people out stalking, but a proper, professional, well-prepared training course delivered to a group of attendees of often widely differing abilities.

It's no different really to those who complain endlessly about the costs of going out with a professional stalker. All they see is the two or three hours of the final product, not any of the preparation or follow-up.

And if it's such an easy way to make money, I can't figure out why they don't they get off their backsides and give it a go? Then they can join all those millionaire professional trainers driving round in their Range Rovers :rolleyes:

willie_gunn

Well said that man!

Millionaire I am not, professional trainer...I try to be!

PS. Range Rover is now a Defender Td5 ;)

I think its a good idea. I was fortunate to have done one through the loch lomond and trossachs national park and found it really helpfull having already used some of the training on the hill.

I know its more bits of paper and expense but I do think this one is worth it.

90% of folk stalk alone anyway

So apart from a few sticking plasters it`s a bit of a moot poiint

Just more hoops and more cash to be wrung from our pockets.

I never said trainers were rich, I said it`s a money making excersise

And yes, I have in the past created , set up and run a training dept in the Nuclear power industry, so have some idea of what it involves.

Back