Photon and deer stalking during the day...

ths84

Now I apologise in advance if this has been covered but where do we stand legally on using a photon during the day for deer stalking.

I have trawled the internet and the forums but no one seems to address the question.

Now I know the easy thing to do is buy a second set of QR rings and just swap over but this is a question over the legality of using it during the day.

still a scope feller one hour before one hour after . All the better to see you with, lol . Just don't take the pee with it and you can't fall fowl of the law.
:popcorn: :tiphat:

still a scope feller one hour before one hour after . All the better to see you with, lol . Just don't take the pee with it and you can't fall fowl of the law.
:popcorn: :tiphat:
not sure if that is correct the photon is digital and cannot be used on deer without a night ticket (I think )?
cheers lister

sorry my fault can you see the deer with no batteries in the scope
my understanding of the law is you must use natural light through glass
the photon is a digital camera on the front of a scope I may be wrong
cheers lister
if you do not use a scope you use natural light

Last edited:
sorry my fault can you see the deer with no batteries in the scope
my understanding of the law is you must use natural light through glass
the photon is a digital camera on the front of a scope I may be wrong
cheers lister

Lister,

I look forward to the Law catching up with the use of batteries in deer stalking ;)
Scopes will inevitably follow the way of camera optics, a CMOS device capturing the light and then presenting it in a processed manner.
I'm not even aware of any thermal imager being illegal for use within the prescribed hours of daylight shooting of deer. May not be sporting but certainly not illegal.

Stan

day night scope as it was sold to me , but what about scopes with digi range finders and bdc built in are they not to be used as digital (burris Eliminator III ! )
scotcounty:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] can be used day or night.
[/FONT]
As i said don't take the pee one hr each way so not to be outside the law

not sure if that is correct the photon is digital and cannot be used on deer without a night ticket (I think )?
cheers lister

cheers lister

That's a new one on me mate, where does this come from ? We are talking daytime use and not night shooting.

Last edited:
Back