Decent waterproof warm trousers??!?

tomh111

Going scotland in feb so need a pair that are gunna keep me dry and warm

what do you recommend?

deerhunter
seeland
laksen

I got me a pair of Artkis. Very waterproof but not so quiet unfortunately and wear thermals underneath. I also have the deerhunter ones and went out with a fella recently and it was a foul day and we had to slide through some gaps with mud and they stayed dry. mostly, which surprised me i have to say. Damp knees i think. mind you i did wash and re proof them the week before.they are nice and quiet and I will go for them first when I go out

one possible idea would be to go to tk max and look at the snowboarders trousers. About £30 usually I think and see if they would be quiet enough. I have though of them before but have far to much stuff to be buying any more. So she says anyway.

Going scotland in feb so need a pair that are gunna keep me dry and warm

what do you recommend?

deerhunter
seeland
laksen
If you aren't worried about making a fashion statement, Army surplus goretex it the ticket. Put a pair on over your regular pants. Warmer than a dedicated pair (layering) and you can take them off and stick them in your pack if you want.

Only problem with the Army gortex is that it is a tad on the noisy side. I like it for wild fowling and its fine to sit in a high seat, but i think in might prove a bit much for woodland stalking.

I recently bought some stealth gear trousers and must say I'm very impressed with them. They are geared at photographers but make excellent stalking trousers. They'd be too warm for the summer I imagine but are very waterproof, reinforced bum & knees, padded knees, loads of pockets and removable gaiters. The sizing is a little conservative so if buying online, say if you were a 32 go for the 33-35 size.

I've been wearing some quilted ones from Le Chameau four four years now. Very comfortable, waterproof, thornproof, warm, with reinforced knees and cargo pockets. They don't make that particular style anymore, but whatever the latest version of that it will be fine. Not too expensive either, about £70 I think.

Harkila prohunter, will keep you dry and warm, but having been out this morning in a mild drizzly Devon walking up and down hills they are too hot and too bloody heavy!
For my part of the world and active stalking i class them as a miss buy, high seat work is fine.
Cheers
Richard

If you aren't worried about making a fashion statement, Army surplus goretex it the ticket. Put a pair on over your regular pants. Warmer than a dedicated pair (layering) and you can take them off and stick them in your pack if you want.

I have a pair, great value goretex overtrouser for peanuts. ... Cost me £10 and
can endure even the worst rain.

I recently bought some stealth gear trousers and must say I'm very impressed with them.

I tried them and was very unimpressed - they were not well made, they leak and they were very noisy. On the plus side they padded knees were nice to have and, despite the dodgy stitching, they haven't been destroyed yet.

Ive just taken delivery of a pair Laksen stalker trousers ,£49 from Donaldsons , yet to test them out but they seem well made , the labels states guaranteed waterproof and breathable , they are are hand wash only , I was advised to order one size above when comparing to jeans sizes ,I did and sure enough they fit comfortably ,leg length is generous as are pocket sizes,the waist band is higher at the back for added lower back warmth , so far Im happy , well priced with no apparent skimping , the only negatives so far is the are made in China and they will be to hot for summer , but then again it never rains in summer :rolleyes:

Laksen Stalker Trousers

Last edited:
I recently bought some stealth gear trousers and must say I'm very impressed with them. They are geared at photographers but make excellent stalking trousers. They'd be too warm for the summer I imagine but are very waterproof, reinforced bum & knees, padded knees, loads of pockets and removable gaiters. The sizing is a little conservative so if buying online, say if you were a 32 go for the 33-35 size.

They are great but not very water proof after using them for a while, however I wear a pair of ex-army Gortex trousers (£20 evil-bay) underneath sorted, and deffo water proof and warm.

ATB

Tahr

+1 for Harkila Pro Hunter, mine have been battered and bruised and still perform better than anything else I have.

For a cheaper variant, the Ridgeline Roar pants are pretty good but just dont have the same breathability as the Harkila Gore kit.

Ripped a large hole in my Pro Hunters and have recently replaced them with a pair of Swedteam Titan Pro goretex trousers. Please so far but they are short in the under nut department. As a rule, if I want breathable waterproof I always go for Goretex.

Regards

Ed

Back