Roe carcass butchered for £10.

Blueduncan

Took a Roe carcass to my local butcher as I was going to be away from home for a bit and had no time to butcher it myself. Picked it up this morning...charge...£10!!....well done to The Butchery, Lockerbie.

That's excellent service! My local butcher isn't really a butcher at all, just a retail outlet for a meat wholesaler. Wearing a white mesh hat doesn't fool anyone. I suspect that the guys in there would have a clue how to set about butchering a roe. But it's not really very difficult anyway, and it's not like I have a chance to do it very often.

That sounds good value, I take it you take it in without its jacket on and did they do any sausages and or burgers for fee charged?

Galloway smokehouse..... excellent set up, I used to use them when I had stalking nearby and they would cold store for me for the week and if I asked they would chop up vac pack for a £10. If I had an excess they would buy the other carcases off me.

Had many a nice memory taking a deer and sharing a tub of ice cream from there with my oldest son watching the sea at Wigtown bay. :D

Back