Get back at parking wardens and Councils - have your say on car parking!

Donkey Basher

Now this has nothing to do with stalking but I am sure there are many of you who, like me, get frustrated because you drive into town and then can't park close to the local gun shop to drop off or collect a gun, buy ammo, etc. or go to a cash point, etc etc etc without the fear of the traffic warden who has been laid up in hiding waiting to slap a ticket on their next victim!

The Government are now inviting responses to questions about what we, the motoring public really think about parking controls and fines dished out by local councils.

The Consultation has not been widely publicised that I can see so that is why I decided the more people who see it the better and put it on this forum.

Please don't reply to me or ask questions as I can't and won't reply to them but instead go to this website, answer the questions that start on page 20 in the document and send it back to the Department for Transport.

This is your chance to say whether you think, for example, that there should be grace periods at the end of a ticket in a car park, whether you should be allowed to stop on single yellow lines, whether local businesses should be able to ask councils to remove parking restrictions which stop people parking close to them etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ent_data/file/263815/parking-consultation.pdf

Good call.... I'm sure local businesses would get more custom if you could park outside the shop, after all they keep banging on about supporting local business.

what winds me up is they work under the pretence of keeping traffic moving but won't ticket or tow abandoned vehicles with no tax!!
They know full well they won't get paid

they have been exposed for their quota systems in London and they should be elsewhere too!

parasitic to industry and everyone with a car

yet another local tax

Good call.... I'm sure local businesses would get more custom if you could park outside the shop, after all they keep banging on about supporting local business.

My thoughts exactly,more like stealth TAX.:norty:

The two towns either side of where I live are an absolute nightmare with people parking stupidly. If the Traffic Wardens applied the rules more rigorously then it would be better for everyone, I know that most people will disagree with this but it is a fact. The problem is that they have a little burst of enthusiasm and cheese everyone off then don't come back for weeks so nothing is achieved.

Unfortunately another problem is that blue badge holders can park on double yellow lines, I don't begrudge them preferential parking but it makes it pointless having the parking restrictions in place.

In my opinion either the rules should be enforced properly or just let it be a free for all not something in between.

Unfortunately another problem is that blue badge holders can park on double yellow lines, I don't begrudge them preferential parking but it makes it pointless having the parking restrictions in place.

Yeah, I DO begrudge them with their alleged preferential parking - I drive a 40 foot long truck for a living, and trying to get around corners or stop somewhere to do a delivery is a nightmare when somebody with a blue badge decides to park on a bend, or in a loading bay - which incidentally, the blue badge does not permit them to do.

If I go into town I am only going there to spend money, then I have to pay to park to spend the money. It must help local business to have loads of free parking. after all it worked for Tesco

Back