I'd be grateful for some advice please,I've been offered a Teckel pup which is around the 12 week mark,and will be my first deer dog.
Basically,I don't know if this is a little too late to be getting a pup,I haven't seen her yet,and she was the last of the litter,the owner had a second thought but wants it to go to a genuine home,hence the offer to myself.
Does a few weeks make any difference?
Both my lab and spaniel came at a much younger age,and of course we bonded hence my slight apprehension.
There's also the issue that spring would be better to get a dog with longer warmer days and nights to play and train the dog,so I might be better holding off a while.
Any help would be extremely welcome.