North Wales members stalkers evening with BASC

gelert

Testing the water so to speak.
I'd be interested in a few more BASC events,courses training etc, in North Wales ,and thought if any members within the surrounding catchment would attend such evenings,and events.

Hopefully things to include range sessions,butchery courses,best practice,DSC1 courses,gundogs,guest evenings from BASC departments,firearms,green shoots,wildfowling and presentations etc,with hopefully some contribution going towards the Welsh Air Ambulance.

with a venue to be decided and starting around Feb/march after the game season.

Of course as with all these courses,a large amount falls down to membership attendance and support.
All those interested in seeing more happen in North Wales please post here. so we can make it happen.

David.
Were some what left out in North Wales when it comes to events,so we need to get some ideas together and be proactive to suggest to BASC what we think we need and want here in the region.

Stalking is one thing,and there are a large number of members on Anglesey that stalk but wer're void of deer,the same goes for the majority of North Wales members.

Ive only mentioned a few things to BASC Wales dpt,purely from speaking to shooting friends and what they'd be looking at,and the feeedback has been excellent and encouraging with a few events on the table for 2014.

We could do with a few training days,maybe bringing the DSC1 courses to College Landrillo,LLysfasi?
Butchery courses,range sessions and rifle awarness courses,best practice days,reloading,dog training anything and everything the rest of the countrys regions are offering right here in North Wales.

I realise we are in a bit of a deer desert. Possibly a pre DSC and DSC 1 would be good. Would BASC prefer to do it at Marford MIll? I know it is at the end of North Wales but they do own it which would hold their costs down and they are very close to the A55?

David.

I am sure if you are short of stalkers for the courses you propose a group of us from Cheshire could sneak over the border and make up the numbers let us know what you are proposing.

How about holding some events / training at Glynllifon college? Went to a basc do there a while back, and it was pretty well attended.

Not based in North Wales, I am based in Newtown Mid Wales. I would love to attend events like this especially a pre dsc1. I am very new to stalking and would be keen to get as much help,experience and knowledge as possible.

Matt

Very positive so far,which was my intention to gauge interest.As with anything of this type,they can only be measured by those who are willing to attend and support,and if we dont ask and tell the appripriate people what and how we feel,nothing will change.
Watch this space for 2014 events gents.

+1 on this. I'm keen on getting my DSC1 done. Any interest lectures and wildfowling talks would be great.

ATB

James

Well done Gelert.

I'm very enthusiastic to attend and contribute if I can as Level 2 qualified recently having to head up to the South Lakes for that phase. Now looking at accompanied stalking nearer to our area and can share my experiences. pendle has helped me already and have through him have met a great bunch of Elwy Valley Deer Management members and Cheshire & Lancs stalkers including miffy and sikadog from just over the border and hope that the BASC venue would work for them to readily come along too. Cheers, K

I will circulate within Elwy DMG if you get something going. Butchery Skills can always be improved and should be able to pull at least two others with me one from Ruthin area the other from Macc .

Just seen this, you could count me in for the right sort of event provided I am in the UK. I'd also like to know more about the Elwy Valley DMG if anyone could fill me in in.

Back