New members introduction

1873gus

Hello from Ayrshire. I've been stalking for about 15 years in various areas of Ayrshire.Currently using a Tikka 308 stainless. Have level 1 but can't seem to ever get time at the right time to complete level 2 but then again that's a problem a few of us have.
As well as taking an active part in forum discussions from a stalkers perspective I'll offer advise where and when I can as I'm an FEO and have been for 5 years of my 26 years in the police.
Will no doubt be looking for advice myself before too long as I'm about to indulge in the wide world of reloading,was doing a bit with a mate who'd done it for years but he's upped sticks an relocated to Oz recently so I'm now on my own.

You sound like you're the right man for the job,i'm just about to start reloading myself when my kit gets here from Midway,loads of good info and advice on here,welcome aboard.
ATB Neil

Stringer I'm based in killie covering Ayrshire as you'd probably know,we may well have met...where are you ?

sikadog a ribbing I can take like anyone else,only got the same interest as everyone else here and may be able to offer some sound advice to those who need it although from what I see the system down south is totally different to ours on many fronts although it shouldn't be

Hi Gus

Dont think that I've met you, it was an older guy who had retired from D & G (dont remember his name) that did my home visit etc. Think I've heard about you(all good :lol:) from mates though. .

May be contacting your dept in the new year regarding a variation ;)

Cheers

Stephen

1873gus said:
Hello from Ayrshire. I've been stalking for about 15 years in various areas of Ayrshire.Currently using a Tikka 308 stainless. Have level 1 but can't seem to ever get time at the right time to complete level 2 but then again that's a problem a few of us have.
As well as taking an active part in forum discussions from a stalkers perspective I'll offer advise where and when I can as I'm an FEO and have been for 5 years of my 26 years in the police.
Will no doubt be looking for advice myself before too long as I'm about to indulge in the wide world of reloading,was doing a bit with a mate who'd done it for years but he's upped sticks an relocated to Oz recently so I'm now on my own.

Hi Gus,

just a couple more years to go, then retired. I did 30 years in TVP been retired 11 years but still working, I was in a number of depts including tactical firearms in the days when we kicked down doors and undertook rapid intervention rather than now with loud hailers and call outs. I trained on most handguns, SLR, MP5, and pump action shot guns, I ended up and retiring from Regional Crime Squad. I can come out now there's another.

I used to home load but time over took me and now use Federal factory loads.

Dave

Yegads,
I'd better introduce myself otherwise I'll get nobbled. Can I suggest after registering, the email that Welcomes you to the site also suggests which forum to go to in order to introduce yourself. Sam helpfully warned me of my transgression.

Well, I have stalked rarely in the past. We have a small wood where every creature under the sun wanders through. We have had some deer but mostly rabbits, pheasant and poachers. I decided after 10 years with shotguns it was time to explore rifles.

So I have bought a .17hmr for the wee things and I have a FAC permission for a .243. As yet I haven't got a 243 as I am building up to it. I am left-handed and am surprised that 13% of the population are being serviced by, it seems, 1% of the available rifles. Small gripe there.

I live in Essex and love venison.
Have I passed the audition?
Kevin

Back