Bramley hampshire stalking

andreas1980

Spending christmas break down in Bramley and wonderered what stalking and species are available down. Ive seen roe deer but nothing else so far.

Roe, munties and fallow. I know someone who shot all three in one day off Bramley training area. I keep thinking that I should have a ring around and have a go on there myself but I need to get out on my own ground and break the back of the cull first.
Good luck and I hope the weather improves or you're going to feel like you haven't left home!
Baguio

I thought that might be the species down here. The weather certainly has a northern feel to it just now.

The Bramley Training area is now controlled by the Defence Deer Management Group so that is definitely out of the picture.
When I was there at the School of Ammunition a very long time ago I was a member of the Game shoot and I seem to remember there were a couple of civilian members so you might get a day with them if it is still going.
There was also a lot of ground owned by the Farmer family called Dance and they certainly had Roe on their land.
Good luck.

The Bramley Training area is now controlled by the Defence Deer Management Group so that is definitely out of the picture.
When I was there at the School of Ammunition a very long time ago I was a member of the Game shoot and I seem to remember there were a couple of civilian members so you might get a day with them if it is still going.
There was also a lot of ground owned by the Farmer family called Dance and they certainly had Roe on their land.
Good luck.

Was there a time when it wasn't Eddie? I have only done a couple of outings on there and not recently. There have been some very nice Roe bucks in there in the past.

In 1968 there seemed to be a reduction in the Army Department Constabulary manpower so electronic eyes were introduced around the ammunition sheds.
It was in the early stages of electronic surveyliance/alarm systems and it didn't go very well.
There were activations quite regularly, which meant call outs of the guard/police and god knows what else and it was always a false alarm.
In the end they decided to try for a period of time to continue ADP patrols but not to approach the alarmed sheds too closely.
It was then found out that Roe were sheltering under the ammo shed canopies, which were elevated to allow train wagons to level load and it in turn gave the Roe an elevated view for safety !! and of course activating the alarms.
At that time the Depot shoot accounted for anything that wasn't wanted in the Depot and I'm sure it also accounted for the Deer as they were not known to be there and weren't wanted either.

where in bramley ? I know it like the back of my hand if its sherbourne wood lots of fallow that move back and fourth to beaurepaire park via hill end farm on the tadley road. the fallow are in large groups. in may this year I saw 26 in the corner of field that runs along the side of sherbourne wood muntjac are around but a bit thin on the ground. as for the old bramley ammo depot its all shot out now as its all fenced in no new stock can get in but still lots of rabbits. i used to beat there back in the 1960s -1970 its now just a play ground for weekend warriors I still go in but not the same now.

Back