weighed in

swarovski

Thought I should weigh myself as I thought my belly looked bigger, kinell I was 15 stone 2lbs, ive put on just over a stone in 8 months since i stopped smoking, i am going to have to stop eating aswell now :banghead:

Ha! Glad it's not just me then! I weighed myself on my larder scales the other day and came in at 14.5 stone.....that's about a stone in the past year (sadly I don't have the excuse of quitting smoking).......getting married in May so really ought to try and shift a bit, but I just love food to much!

would rather be a wee bit heavy and off the fags. been of them 14 years next month and am starting to level out a bit weight wise, I,m about 13.5 down from 15 plus, stick at it

I started having desserts after my dinner months back nevermind the extra bits I would pick,substituting smoking for food, I too really enjoys my food and I can eat like a world champion or should I say a pig :rolleyes:

I feel really bad for you blokes. I'm 11.5 stone and eat whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. In fact I just fancy another Turkey and stuffing bap to go with my dark ale. Mmmmm...

I was the same as you simon, I am a fit bloke, was when a smoker, up until about a year ago I was 13stone 8lbs, I would take anybody on in a eating competition if there was one, I could and still can eat an obseen amount of food but since I stopped smoking something has changed, being 47 now my body probaly cant cope with what I can eat and I am not working it off like I use too, oh well I will have to go on my first ever diet :oops:

New years resolution for me again, must try harder to stop smoking. Been 11 1/2 stone all my days but since going offshore a few years back settled at 14 stone. Good luck to all attempting this (almost impossible task) :doh:

I feel really bad for you blokes. I'm 11.5 stone and eat whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. In fact I just fancy another Turkey and stuffing bap to go with my dark ale. Mmmmm...

You heavy rascals !
I am 6 foot and less than 10 stone fresh out of the bath.
I am 80 now and eat what I fancy , had duck with peach and orange stuffing today. Will finish it off tomorrow, a nice change from chicken and turkey which I seem to eat all year round. I am having a large Grouse at the moment with boiling water, four spoons of sugar and two painkillers before I go off to bed.
I have never smoked, unfortunately I have Glaucoma and am slowly going blind. A cure cannot be bought for this.

HWH.

Good luck to all attempting this (almost impossible task) :doh:

Your right it certainly isn't easy :oops:
I have not owned a set of scales since 1992, also always been over weight for my 5'8", but never worried overmuch.
I thought I weighed about 16 and a bit stone when I went into hospital for surgery last may, and when they asked my weight
that is what I told them, immediately got marched to the scales, 17stone 12 pounds :eek:
Before being discharged and having been told I had bladder cancer the registrar said, you need to give up smoking in the long
run, but far more important, lose weight or the cancer will never get a chance to kill you :(
Bearing in mind I am older than my father was before he dies of a heart attack, and older than his father was before a major
heart attack, I have done my best to lose some.
It really isn't easy, and when you live alone and cook for yourself it is even harder, I still don't own a set of scales, but do weigh myself every couple of weeks.
A month ago I was down to 15st 5lb, a week ago still 15st 4lb, my target now is to not go over 15st 8lb until the warmer weather is here, and
to try for 12 stone by end of 2014.
Not sure I'll get there, but I will try :scared:

Neil. :)

Last edited:
New years resolution for me again, must try harder to stop smoking. Been 11 1/2 stone all my days but since going offshore a few years back settled at 14 stone. Good luck to all attempting this (almost impossible task) :doh:

Just take it one day at a time and you can do it!

I weighed 10.5stone when I joined the army in 1985 (aged 17), now, I'm 46, and have ballooned up to a massive 11.5 stone. I also eat pretty much anything that is at hand, although usually only if I'm hungry.

If I'm not hungry, then I don't eat, and vice verca.

b******* i only have to smell a pie and i put on a kg . i v put on 4 stone in four years i got fat just laying in bed being fed with a tube !!!!:eek: and i don't eat a lot just was very inactive after my accident! ( think the tube was a waist pipe from the kitchen ? ) :rofl:

The fact is everyone has differing metabolic characteristics, I can eat anything and not gain and gram. I'm 6'6 and weigh 13.6 stone which is apparently ideal according to the book, yet people say I look too thin :confused:.

Ive worked on the building since I left school which built me up muscule wise, became strong, big shoulders and arms, I had a 6 pack until a few years ago, would imagine a good portion of my body mass was muscule at 13 stone 8lb which I was for 20 odd years, gluttony as finally caught up with me, self inflicted :rolleyes:

I'm 5ft 4 & a half weighing in at 10st 9lb's. Having to give up real ales im hoping to weigh 10 st by February. I ain't fat just built solid.

I was stalking with Colin solway last week and the picture he taken of me with a doe makes me look like im built like a coke can.
Another goods stalk cheers mate. However Colin did leave me caught on barbed wire between my crown jewls refuseing to help as didn't want to get a hand full. At least his hernia never popped while laughing.

Last edited:
I'm easily a stone over weight and by jan who knows :-| New Year resolution too lose weight go to Scotland twice a month and shoot more deer mrs can't argue with that :scared:I bet I lose a good half a stone when on the reds and sika over a weekend .

Back