Weekend In Hereford with Wayne,Andy & Dave

pheasant sniper 1

Well ladies and gents Dave has just emailed me the pickies so heres the write up :D

Setting off to meet up with Wayne and Andy in Hereford it wasnt long before the sunny Friday in Poole made way for the most horendous rain the closer i got to Hereford..

Just to add to the luck with my Ranger of late having been rescued from a ditch in Horsham by Malc was then rear ended :eek: :oops: on the M5 junction by some muppet that must have fallen asleep :eek: ..

Fortunately his vehicle was a right mess as my tow bar had demolished his front end and i think he could tell as i said you repair yours that it wasnt up for debate as i drove off :lol: ..

After driving through nearly all of the country back roads in Hereford courtesy of my Garmin Nuvi :eek: it was great to arrive to a warm welcome from Wayne,Andy and fellow site member Dave..

Sorted in the B+B Dave and i had a great meal in the local pub and after a few sherberts it was off to bed for the 5am wake up..

The guys had really done theyre homework noting the weather conditions and knowledge of the land so Dave set off with Andy and i set off with Wayne..

Moving through the fields to various pieces of woodland i started off in typical fashion as throwing my size tens over the galvy gate i must have startled the deer in all surrounding counties :oops:

There were signs everywhere that this ground had a large population of deer so i had every confidence it was just a matter of time..

Moving into some thick woodland i felt a little less confident as i was reminded of a Wallace & Grommit sketch where i felt like i was wearing the huge boots finding every stick and twig whilst Wayne "ninja" Davies seemed to miss every one :lol: :lol:

It was bloody hard going through the woods and creeping in we spotted a small group..
On the sticks there was plenty of time as we were sure the deer were relaxed and waited for an opportunity..
Shot taken we both looked at each other as another twelve we hadnt seen started running..
Having reloaded and repositioned the sticks the deer made off and another shot was heard..

Wayne and Andys knowledge of their ground and stalking skills had meant both Dave and i had winded and stalked into areas supporting each others position..

Andy and Dave were sat waiting as the deer we bumped ran out of cover and Dave had his Fallow.. :D

We both enjoyed a further stalk in the afternoon and having swapped partners due to me showing no aptitude of ever making a ninja..Wayne got Dave another Fallow and i had a great stalk with Andy..

This was one of my best experiences to date with some great fellas that are at the top of their game..

Many thanks to Wayne,Andy and Dave for a great and memorable weekend

They might be good but they aint pretty :lol: :lol:

Terry

Nice write up Terry and good pics... god, you're racking them up these days!!

Gez

Hi Terry
Nice write up mate.

I only thing I will add is thanks to Max the dog who gave us the edge in the woods after making me aware that there were deer in that part of the wood and for finding yours, I still reckon it fell in that ditch and drowned :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shame about the weather rolling in at night otherwise we could have ended up with a few more :rolleyes:

Cheers to you and Dave for making it a good day for us, OHH I had a shave now so I look much more handsome ;) :D

Cheers Wayne

Hi guys pleased to see you all, Wayne you must have liked the look of my beard so much your growing one yourself now.
Max looks great and coming on a treat.
Breeze pointed her first deer last week and tracked it 20-30m through cover to where it was laid dead.
they are both coming on a treat EH?.
sad news though Gus (their dad) is lame alot now I think hes nearing the end of his working life.
Never a deer dog but one of the best bird dogs a man could wish for.

yorkshire stalking said

Hi guys pleased to see you all, Wayne you must have liked the look of my beard so much your growing one yourself now.
Max looks great and coming on a treat.
Breeze pointed her first deer last week and tracked it 20-30m through cover to where it was laid dead.
they are both coming on a treat EH?.
sad news though Gus (their dad) is lame alot now I think hes nearing the end of his working life.
Never a deer dog but one of the best bird dogs a man could wish for.

Hi John
Sorry to here about Gus have you got another litter on the way by him????

I was chuffed to bits with Max on that stalk, he also winded some Fallow at last light about 400 yards across open ground, they were out of sight but he new they were there, unfortunately by the time we had got on them we had lost the light.

Ive sent you an email of what happens if you don't shave :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atb Wayne

Watch it Wayne if those deer of yours get to see the Terrinator regularly they will all bugger off to Adams for a rest :lol:

Well done Terry 8)

Well done Terry, it had to be a good result with a top man and top dog :)

ATB

Max

nice write up terry,glad you had a great time.next time your truck is put under classifieds it will be offers around 200 quid :lol: .have you ever thought of starting banger racing :lol:

outing

Well done Terry & Dave looks like you both had a great day :D ,well done Wayne & Andy 8)
Andy

Terry,

Glad to see you like sunny Herefordshire and our wily Fallow deer - but I'm sure those two blokes in the photo have just stepped of the set of 'Deliverance'. As you were sneaking through the woods, did anyone whisper 'Squeal Piggy'in your ear... :eek: :evil:

Adam.

Think fran maybe filling up slightly still early days yet but if she is they are Gus's.
Opened you grizzly e-mail matey with sue sat behind me watching the tele, she was not amused :oops: :lol: :eek:

Hi Adamant
We only make wild boar squeal in our part of Herefordshire what you boys in the North of the county get up to is your business ;)

WD

Legaleagle said
Watch it Wayne if those deer of yours get to see the Terrinator regularly they will all bugger off to Adams for a rest

Well done Terry

Hi Legal
Don't worry mate they got a long way to travel to Adams from this patch ;)

WD

WAYNE DAVIES said:
Hi Adamant
We only make wild boar squeal in our part of Herefordshire what you boys in the North of the county get up to is your business ;)

WD

Wayne.

There is nothing wrong with our banjo playing up in the north of the county :lol: :lol:

Jon

:lol: :lol: Yeah yeah, dream on the pair of you :lol:

Amir how could I ever possibly compete with you fine example of facial hair art anyway :D

I will try and be clean shaven for this weekends outings, :confused: dunno though its a bit cold :rolleyes: :lol:

Wayne

Back