Deer found dump by track

Remington 700

Hi all,

As the title states, I found 2 deer the other day dumped on a track at the back of the farm. I got to admit, I often hear about poaching, but rarely ever see evidence of it.

The two deer look as though they had been dead a number of days before i found them, one deer has had its back legs removed. Both animals still had their guts intact and one had a lower leg removed. I guess its guys out with dogs.

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

Rem 700

It's unlikely to be snares as there are two deer present and the other deer has all four legs. About twenty yards from the deer was a load of rubbish from fly tippers. In amongst that rubbish there looked to be shop stand materials (Hangers) these materials were also found next to the deer as well.

The do as you likeys are every where thats the problem wouldn't be to bad if the took them away no one would ever know

sorry rephrased

Last edited:
Hi all,

As the title states, I found 2 deer the other day dumped on a track at the back of the farm. I got to admit, I often hear about poaching, but rarely ever see evidence of it.

The two deer look as though they had been dead a number of days before i found them, one deer has had its back legs removed. Both animals still had their guts intact and one had a lower leg removed. I guess its guys out with dogs.

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

Rem 700

Did you tell the rozzers?

Could be that the so called Deer Stalkers don't know how to process the carcass for human consumption or they are badly shot and contaminated deer carcasses.Where can they be disposed off on the cheap.

Could be that the so called Deer Stalkers don't know how to process the carcass for human consumption or they are badly shot and contaminated deer carcasses.Where can they be disposed off on the cheap.

If I may say so that is rather a stupid remark to make on a site such as this.

Obviously a lot of people don't get out much.The weekend lampers and shooters with half a level 1 and no idea are out there whether you like it or not.

Obviously a lot of people don't get out much.The weekend lampers and shooters with half a level 1 and no idea are out there whether you like it or not.
? Have you got something to say on the subject that you can substantiate or are you just blowing off steam?

I see this happening a lot,I know of guys who shoot Deer and end up throwing them away because of one reason or another.The lampers who are on the farm next door to your Stalking are not always shooting foxes,and they are not always trained.Go out late at the weekends in South Scotland and you will see vehicles on public roads lamping ground with or without permission.
The Highlanders comment above kind of makes me think he might know more about that.Also an attack on my character should not be allowed on here.

If I may say so that is rather a stupid remark to make on a site such as this.
Why is it a stupid remark,It happens it is no secret,If you are new to The Shooting world you should know what may be happening to the Stalking you are paying for.

Why is it a stupid remark,It happens it is no secret,If you are new to The Shooting world you should know what may be happening to the Stalking you are paying for.

You are talking about poachers then, not legitimate deer stalkers?

Nearly 40 years in this business I don't recall any legitimate stalker throwing away a deer he has shot. Unless it was unfit for human consumption and put into a pit.

You seem to be referring to people night shooting and therefore without a current night licence and the appropriate calibre they are poaching.
So they are not legitimate deer stalkers they are poachers, thieves!! Therefore to come onto a stalking forum and proclaim that stalkers dump carcases is a very sweeping statement and likely to cause adverse comments.

ATB

Sikamalc

I think your initial wording has not portrayed what you intended to say, a misunderstanding but it's clear from a later post what you meant.

I know what you mean, your not on about stalkers, your on about tits with a gun...

hi hranger do you have dsc levels 1&2 and also fit and competent status like me and many others on the sd site who have taken the time and expense to gain this experience not to go around the country side discarding deer parts ps its maybe the likes of yourself who may be out with lamps at night on country roads so enough said goodbye the highlander

Back