Thread: experienced shot new user

experienced shot new user

Hey guys my name is Ben

I have been a member of a number of forums for awhile but stumbled across this one recently. I turn 21 on Tuesday and have around 10 years experience of game shooting; driven, walked up and rough.

Abit about me:
    First shot: I took both my first shot with a shotgun and my first bird at my dads old syndicate near York when I was around 11. I shot with air rifles long before that.

Current shooting: at the moment I take my dads guest days on a shoot near Goole as well as buying some days of my own around Yorkshire. I also have arranged and run a couple of bigger bag days on land around York.

Proudest moment: my proudest moment in shooting probably was joining the woodcock club last year with both my dad and grandpa there to see.

Other interests: I love sport and being active. I love to fish as well as shoot in all disciplines; game, course and sea. I play rugby and enjoy the social side of all group events. I have helped my dad and his syndicate build pens, rear pheasants and manage the land etc so also enjoy that aspect of shooting.

I am finally hoping to get involved with my own syndicate now either as a full gun or half a gun with a friend and maybe begin to pay back some of those guest days my family gave me.

Cheers guys and all the best for the new year

Welcome to the SD make the most of what you're doing it doesn't sound like your shackled with marriage at the moment !
    Joking aside plenty to be learnt on here
    regards Norma

Nice introduction, well done on becoming a Woodcock club member. Enjoy this site and welcome.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Thanks guys much appreciated and no not been tied down just yet.