Thread: Strobe light for quarry location

Strobe light for quarry location

Something I've found a use for if the light is going and you have to leave a shot deer in-situ in a heavily wooded area while you fetch the vehicle/carcase extraction equipment.

Place it on the carcase or hang it from a tree/bush and it will guide you back.

Available on eBlag or Amazon for around 15 - compact, waterproof and often incorporate a torch as scuba divers use them.

A similar, smaller item is included in the B.A.S.C. Arran safety kit. handy to carry being quite light (no pun intended)

How big are they then? 'Cos the one I've got is only about 4" long.

Orion, yours appears to be a combination torch & strobe unit, whereas the one I mentioned is just a strobe unit.

What about an LED cycle light.

Small, light, and in Poundland they only cost......... well, I will let you guess!

Ian :0)

Good idea. They might not be as bright though and possibly uni-directional? The divers type strobes give a very high intensity flash around 360 degrees - most incorporate a decent torch function as well, so that's handy even if only as a back-up.

you could try one of these....i have it for Bilbo if we are working in the dark and I want to know where he is. It can be seen from a good 800 yards away, if not more. Think i got this from a pet shop? It has a strobing led fed by a watch battery.