Which quad bike

buck243

Getting to that time in my life when the body is going knee gone and back going. Looking to buy a quad bike for extraction of deer is there any that I should stay away from or a certain make I should be looking at any help would be helpful :lol:

Hondas are good. but....
I've got a Kawasaki KLF 300 4 x 4 and a small Ifor williams trailer.. Excellent machine. Loads of torque, goes anywhere on very off road tyres. Hi/lo box.
Tows half a tonne off road....
All the parts are still available too..

hondas, think our last one was 15 when it got nicked. Apart from occasional maintenance never a spanner on it

Honda is bullet proof. But it depends on the ground your extracting on. I use a foreman 500 with the twin back shocks and it feels so unstable on the hill.
Ive been out on the hill with the shepherds 500 suzuki kingquad and it beats the honda hands down on stability and comfort and will go far more places than my foreman will.

I have a Honda 500 foreman to and its never been any bother. I use it right through the shooting season alongside the gator.

Honda 500 for me if i was you fit a tracker unless your security is like fort Knox.

Do nor underestimate the thieving B@@@rstards.

my brothers was in a shipping container topper infront of it tractor and trailer infront of that they moved the topper bent the door like a banana then broke into the workshop 100 yards away and pumped the tyres up with the commpreser and pushed it up the hill and out the valley

been looking on flybe anybody got a artic cat 350 cc road legal 4x4 and winch on it any good or don't bother and go for a Honda?

It is hard to look past Honda, but don't rule out Suzuki or Yamaha. They're all quality Japanese items. There's a lot of others on the market and a lot coming on to the market from makes I've never heard of before or from makers known for other things. They'll do a job I guess, but feedback on them is sparse. They tend to be a fair bit cheaper than the above makes, but there'll be a reason for that.

I'd rather buy a second hand Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha than a new whatever. As for size, they differ a bit, so take a look at a few to see which suits you and your purpose. As for engine size, I'd say for most purposes, 350cc is a minimum and 450/500 is better and does pretty much everything, although you can get bigger engines.

I don't know whether you need to have a road registered one, but if you do, there's either a PLG registration, taxed as a car, needs insurance and MOT, or the agricultural registered ones, still need insurance for road use and the tax is free, no MOT required. But you're limited to 1.5 km on the road for each journey.

I got a new polaris 550 and I've got no complaints, it handles on steep ground very well and has quite a high ground clearance on it.

stacey

For me it's hard to look beyond a honda. They run well and have very good resale value. Get a manual gearbox rather than the auto

Been using a Honda 500 Foreman for the past 8 years without problem, great bike with loads of power. Personally I like the hydrostatic gearbox. Bombproof construction.

Back