Thread: Star light archer A.B.C.or D grade

Star light archer A.B.C.or D grade

Hi anyone got any experience with archer.i am looking to buy one just wondering if there is much difference between A and D grade also what scope works well with the archer.

I have a a grade archer I bought second hand and its fantastic I wouldnt be without one now. The diffrence between them is the black dots on the tude. Basically the less dots the higher grade the tube and I belive the best scope to use is a leapould with side paralax

I also have a grade A but to be honest I have looked through numerous grade D's (in the trade) and I don't think paying almost double justifies - you can get to live with the odd spot. Most scopes with parallax will do as long as the ocular housing is not obstructed by illuminated controls so as to obstruct the fitting of the Archer collar - like a Swarovski Z6i. Having said that, some high end scope coatings do not suit Archers - I have MTC, Swaro and NXS scopes and the Archer performs well through them.

One of the problems with the Archer is that they come with few instructions so that the purchaser can get the best out of them - apart from adjusting parallax and the Archer's focus ring, the new users has to be aware that clarity can be dramatically improved by altering the eye piece both on your scope and the eye piece on the Archer (where the rubber fits over) - it is a matter of synchronising scope to Archer. I usually get a new purchaser over to my place and run through it out in field conditions.

The new arrow unit looks interesting any body pre ordered one

I've recently got a c grade archer and wouldn't want to be without it now, as Peter says its all in the setting up and matching it to a good scope, Swarovski z6 ( not the i as mentioned above are ment to be fantastic) I use mine behind a zeiss victory 6-24 56 and its a really good picture, also behind a bushnell on a .22 lr good aswell. One thing that definatly helped me is that I turned some collars to fit the scopes eyepiece rather than taping up the scope eyepiece, it makes everything nice and rigid and nothing moves about so when you mount the archer after spotting it ends up in the same place needing the same adustments to focus. This really helped on the zeiss as the eyepiece is tapered.

I have a C grade and can spot out to 300 yards. I do use a nightmaster 800 as it gives a better image than the laser and is brighter. I do not think it is really worth the extra to get a better grade tube. But if you like the best and have the money then why not.
    i use leupolds vxIII 4-14 and old AGS 4-16. And the images are very good.

as everybody says setup is the biggest problem. I have a completely different way of setting up so I can adjust the diopter. Will try and post a picture if I can find one.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

OK this is an old picture I have. It shows how I have amended the clamping bracket. I now have a quick release mount so I can unclip the whole thing easily. I have to adjust the Diopter differently if I am using the archer or if I am using the scope during the day and once the clamp has been fitted I found it difficult to adjust so this overcomes this problem.
    There are a few more mods I would make to improve it and make it better. Might get around to it at some point later this year but it works fine so will do me for now.
    Not what the OP was asking about but it might be of some use to somebody.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Dont know if this is any good like, It seems it will attach to any scope a bit like the digital add on from Pulsar?
    and I do not have anything to do with sales of said articles for those thinking perhaps I do.

I have had a chat with Julian. Reminds me must give him a kick as I am Interested to try one. I would imagine by the time it is released it will be good.