Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Physically challenged stalker armed forces etc

Physically challenged stalker armed forces etc

This is something I have thought about for sometime and have decided this year to make the offer, but am unsure how to go about it. So I thought I would turn to the SD membership for some help and guidance

I want to give the opportunity to a person who is physically challenged to stalk a deer and achieve an ambition to stalk and take a deer. This can either be an armed services person or civilian. However I am a firm supporter as is the site of H4H and over the years we have had a number of members in the armed services join the site, so maybe they can come up with some suggestions.

It would revolve around getting a shot on either a Roe Buck or possibly a Fallow buck in the rut this year.

I have the ground and the access to a certain extent to achieve this and we can also build a high seat to accommodate a wheelchair if needs be.

I have over the years taken all sorts of clients on all the species north and south of the border with Scotland, and have always enjoyed everything this sport has given me. So if anyone can suggest who I should contact or make an approach too I would be grateful, or maybe you know someone. Either way drop me a PM and hopefully we can make it happen for someone.

All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

What an excellent offer!

Nice one Malcolm.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Very noble of you Malc.

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex

Direct contact with H4H may be your best bet. They have their care and respite facilities now and can, to a certain extent, do some pre-filtering of candidates as there will be some pre-requisites, regardless of the openness of your kind offer to make it a successful/worthwhile trip.

I think it's a great and kind offer.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Superb idea & offer. ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

start by contacting something like wounded warrior project and tell em what you have in mind, they should put you in touch with the right folks quick enough. or whatever you have for a veterans organization should help.... Thanks for the thought.....

Daven, Wounded Warrior is an American organisation. Malc and the site has for many years supported H4H which is the British equivalent.

Well done Malc.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Increasingly, as technology evolves permanently injured service personnel are now able to remain in the Armed Forces. A user of a single prosthesis is highly likely to walk "normally" but an arm one isn't able to take large amounts of weight. You probably won't need to make adaptions.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

What a fatastoc offer well done malc
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions