Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please,comments on .222 rem CZ

Please,comments on .222 rem CZ

I want to buy .222 rem CZ for my fox shooting,befor was useing .17 hmr on .222 rem come up in wright price (125quid).All comments welcome.

Can't comment on the CZ itself, but .222 is a superb foxing calibre. Quiet, accurate and fun to shoot. Good for head shot bunnies through to roe.

I'm sure people will say that it's got too much drop at longer range in comparison to something like a 22-250 or .204, but I think that at the distances where this becomes an issue, it's no longer really safe to shoot at night.

I had a CZ 222 cracking little gun, reliable and accurate as you like and it had a nicely figured stock.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I have been using a cz 222 for the last 10 months, and I must say that it has been a real joy to shoot with.
    I bought it purposely for foxing and I got to say that accuracy is outstanding. the foxes don't like it.
    its a no frills sort of rifle, but what the heck when it can out perform a lot of expensive rifles. once you get one you wont put it down.
    I paid 175.00 and it was money well spent. but the down side is the stock, but I can live with that.

You won't regret buying a .222rem, a proper fox calibre and it should work out cheaper to reload for than what some people are paying for .17hmr.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    You won't regret buying a .222rem, a proper fox calibre and it should work out cheaper to reload for than what some people are paying for .17hmr.
    very true 8x57......

The cz is a true work horse and in .222 a fantastic fox gun, I do reload but have found that it's not particularly popular around here so am working through the local gun shops buying up their old stock cheap. Buy it you won't regret it!

Thank you very much guys for your time,I think every one is more then happy with there's .222.So I think its a good enough reasor for me to Buy one.

Established Poster
    walkerburn, nr peebles, scottish borders
    started out with a brno fox 222..... double set trigger...loved it....

I use .222 on Roe and foxes and it`s a total delight to shoot.

Supremely accurate and very soft to shoot, but drops Roe Buck where they stand using 50gr gameheads.

I wouldn`t be without mine now,