.204 cleaning

grouseman

iv just bought a ruger m77 in .204. im after a bore guide and a nylon and a brass brush does anyone know the best place to get them all from?

i see the currency is dollars is this company in the us?? if so how long and how much will delivery be??

i see the currency is dollars is this company in the us?? if so how long and how much will delivery be??

Yep, respected US (family owned?) company.... I've had various bits and pieces from them over the years and they've always been quick to post and it hasn't taken too long for the stuff to arrive - A week/10 days from memory. Cost of delivery is on the site somewhere.

Buy singles over here to get you going and order from Dewey at the same time.

I use a Tipton 36" carbon fibre .17 rod, originally bought for my .17HMR but now used on my Tikka .17Rem and Sako A1 .20Prac.

I like the Dewey jags too - these use a common thread to the Tipton.

Basically.... my cleaning regime is........

Using 3/4" square patches (Pro-shot or similar) I get rid of any carbon with a few drops (ie not dripping wet) of KG1 Carbon remover on a patch followed by a couple of dry ones to dry the bore.

A squirt of Forrest bore foam which makes the bronze brushes unnecessary - I just use a bristle brush after it's been in there to get a bit of oxygen in the barrel to improve the chemical reaction and then push it out with 3/4" square patches until they're clean - usually only 3 or perhaps 4 patches required.

This routine works pretty well on whatever calibre I'm on at the time.

Atb

Fizz

Last edited:
thanks alot for all your help. il put an order in i think. if my order comes to more than 15 quid would you advise to order twice to keep costs down??

ok cheers for that i also use KG stuff (carbon remover and copper remover). iv ordered all i need and the total cost has come to just shy of 70 dollars. am i guna get stung with the tax??

thanks alot for all your help. il put an order in i think. if my order comes to more than 15 quid would you advise to order twice to keep costs down??

Yep, if it's not too far over the mark you might get lucky..... depends on how the boys are feeling when it arrives I guess. Depends on the shipping costs compared to VAT and handling (£8?) to an extent as well.

Just keep it to a jiffy bag size. Who knows????

Tipton rods/bore guides - likely sources over here are Reloading Solutions, Norman Clark, Tim Hannam etc etc

's me

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

Back