Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sausage making evening ?

Question Sausage making evening ?

Admin - If it's out of line in any way for me to be considering offering this please feel free to delete, I wont be offended. Also I'm not sure if this is in the correct place or whether 'Meet-ups etc.' would be better.

I'm just bouncing around the start of an idea at the moment to gauge potential interest.

I'm considering offering a tuition/practical session on making sausages to a small group, 8 - 10 people max. Everyone would get to run out, link and take home some sausages.
    This is something I've done several times in past through work for groups ranging from Cubs to adult social groups.

This time it would be as a fund raiser for my eldest son who has been selected for the International Scout Jamboree in Japan 2015. His part of the arrangement will be all the cleaning, fetching and carrying before and after event !
    Because of the interests of people here if it goes ahead I may do it in more of a 'home' setting than at the shop and use the sort of hand powered filler you are most likely to be looking at yourselves.
    The sausages made would be pork, though if I have a munty to hand we'll make some venison aswell. I'm happy to go through mix ratios and seasoning ideas, bought in, 'tweaked' or completely home mixed. Emphasis would be on how you can make your own sausages and ways of juggling them to get the taste or texture you are after rather than just big batch commercial sausages for profit.

Cost - as yet no idea. Depends what sort of deal I can get on the meat etc. from work or if it times in with some of the in-laws saddle-backs being slaughtered. I'm looking to make some funds for son but still give a reasonable price to those attending, bit of a juggle.

Location - will be either near Wendover or Great Missenden in Bucks.

Date - tba. If enough interest from SD I can offer some dates up. If not, I can let those interested know when I'm doing a session for another group and if they can make it welcome to join in.

Let me know what you think.
    thanks, Duncan

to far away for me but a great idea Duncan.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Good idea, it's the only thing I'm lacking in the carcass operation.

Shame not near Cumbria or Lancashire. I could get a few together.

I'm could be up for it. On my list for this year is how to butcher a complete carcass properly and make my own sausages. Not necessarily at the same time. lol
    Been thinking of buying a mincing machine and have been looking at things on the bay of evil over the last week or so.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Would like to express an interest if and when you get things off the ground.

You don't have to buy a machine. If your a little handy you can make one of these cheaply

Great link thanks
    regards pete

I am interested - please keep me informed.
    Regards, L

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I would be interested, depending on the date and work commitments.

O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

OK. I'll start looking at putting something together.