1st closely followed by the 2nd!!

Went out for an hour before last light on friday and re-visited the spot where I took my 1st solo over Xmas. I spotted a decent looking buck on the opposite side of a lake, but unfortunately he was moving away from where I was headed and to get to him meant I would have been up wind, so I decided to head for the same crossing point as before.

On the way down the ride I spotted movement up ahead but it turned out to be a couple of bunnies bobbing around!! :doh: Funny how the slightest thing gets the heart rate going when you are out stalking!! :oops:

I settled into position with the rifle on the sticks aimed at the crossing and within a couple of minutes there was a downpour of epic proportions driving from the side that only lasted a couple of minutes but was enough to do my head in. I just had enough time to wipe everything down when a doe appeared along the ride tracking towards me. This time I had plenty of time to see if there was a youngster following and she appeared to be alone. Everything went to plan as she mooched right in line with my rifle and presented a textbook broadside shot. With a gentle touch of the set trigger on the ZKK601 down she went to a perfect shot bang on 100 yds away. :D

A nice healthy doe to kick start 2014 weighing 13.5kg before the gralloch which this time was much less messy and smelly!!

It was also the 1st time I had used the new Z Aim sling properly I got from Andy at Moray Outfitting and I have to say it is wonderfully confortable and so easy to use. I found with the roe sack strap that I was constantly shuffling the normal sling due to the weight of the mod pulling the rifle down, but with the Z Aim it stays perfectly upright all the time and seems to distribute the weight across the shoulders better. Well worth the money and I would recommend one to anybody,

Cheers

Stratts

You're welcome. It is indeed a great word, I just wish that I didn't have quite so much use for it.

I know the feeling well! I'm currently a vicarious stalker, but have in my time been a vicarious salmon fisher and vicarious falconer...

I know the feeling well! I'm currently a vicarious stalker, but have in my time been a vicarious salmon fisher and vicarious falconer...

Well I've just been through a baby-induced long period of vicariousness, but I plan to end it on February 22nd when I go and actually live a stalking adventure of my own rather than just enjoying other people's.

Well I've just been through a baby-induced long period of vicariousness, but I plan to end it on February 22nd when I go and actually live a stalking adventure of my own rather than just enjoying other people's.

Well then hopefully we'll be able to vicariously share your successful experience too mate!! :thumb:

I don't know m8 that nasty ndt man has got running boar and deer lined up
might have to take along the shotgun and some SSG S I'm sure no one will notice :-|
Regards pete

I don't know m8 that nasty ndt man has got running boar and deer lined up
might have to take along the shotgun and some SSG S I'm sure no one will notice :-|
Regards pete

That's me done for if it aint stood still! And as history shows it may still be safe even then!! :doh:

That's me done for if it aint stood still! And as history shows it may still be safe even then!! :doh:

just read your reply on the other thread m8 very honest Respect :tiphat:
Everybody misses you just don't hear about it
you were on camera off sticks and using a strange rifle don't be hard on yourself
regards pete

Back