Folding shooting sticks

Thats a very good idea! Don't think the strap over the barrel is a good idea as this would effect the harmonics but the friction grab looks good.

bi-pod sticks

tartinjock said:
What a cracking bit of kit, where can you get them and what's the cost?

I got mine from my brother in the u.s. who met Sid Young at a show;he said Sid was a natural salesman and very slick with the sticks as you'd expect as he designed them.
I've got the 40" (folds to 14") which are great for sitting in wait for a fox with rifle ready and supported. I'd imagine the full size ones are a good substitute for stalking sticks.
Thanks to david1976 for posting the link.

fraser

I have discovered one floor in 50% of the sticks usage in winter when I have two coat and over trousers on how do I get to my belt with the attachment on it?

i have emailed the guy direct and he will ship to the uk the sticks are $32plus $12.95 shipping but if three sets of 40 inch sticks where baught he will waver the postage costs. if anyone wants a set pm me as i am going to get a set . i use a webbing typ belt so they are ideal for me.

mereside said:
three sets now ordered and out in tonights shipping, very nice man indeed.

What was the postage cost to GB if you dont mind me asking? And did you order it from the page on the link I posted?

Cheers

Nice idea and well advertised, but they look a bit flimsy to me! They look to be no more than fibreglass tent poles with the elastic through the middle. They might take the weight of a rimfire but I don't think they would be up to the weight of a fullbore rifle complete with moderator and bipod! :eek: Sorry to be cynical! :(

hi david postage was free because we got three sets.this is the email sid sent
Yes I can ship to you in England,
The product price is $32.95US and the shipping for a single unit would be $12.95US.
The Postage increases at about $5.00US per unit and if you order 3 or more sets of the 40" I'll cover the shipping.
This makes a great gift.
If you decide to order e-me back with your request and I'll send you an invoice from Paypal.

Thanks for considering BIPOD Shooting Sticks.
Sid Young
Owner

Monkey Spanker said:
Nice idea and well advertised, but they look a bit flimsy to me! They look to be no more than fibreglass tent poles with the elastic through the middle. They might take the weight of a rimfire but I don't think they would be up to the weight of a fullbore rifle complete with moderator and bipod! :eek: Sorry to be cynical! :(

That's pretty much what they are ms and it may be possible to make them out of those kind of tent poles. The longer they are the bendier they'll be unless he makes longer ones out of heavier material but if they were ok you wouldn't need the bi-pod so that would be a weight saving.
I've had no problems with the 40" ones though so good luck guy's and let us know how you get on with them.

fraser

Did your shoting sticks arrive?
Have you had a chance to try them out yet?

Im fancying a pair just wonder how well they cope.

hi david ,not sure if they have come yet as i ordered them to come to my work address. not back in till the 4th but as soon as they come i will let you know how i get on,all the best for the new year,wayne

just to let everyone know they came today i think they should work quite well ,will try them out and get back to you all they arrived with a dvd so thats tonights telly sorted :lol:

Back