Thread: Knife sharpening tutorial

Knife sharpening tutorial

I can do many things. But knife sharpening isn't one of them. Can anybody link up a good how to tutorial ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    I can do many things. But knife sharpening isn't one of them. Can anybody link up a good how to tutorial ?

Hi Scots stalker

I have tried many many types, methods and wet, dry, diamond stones, racks, no racks the lot.

i have returned back to the pro Lansky system with use of a black felt tip pen to find the correct grind angle all my knives are + razor sharp.

There are some good and EASY to learn accurate blade levels and tutorials on you tube, I got all new kit from coarse through to ultra fine and a polishing leather and compound from moonraker. And have re defined all my knives in a few evenings work from sharp to razor sharp +.

Good luck

There are some good ones on Youtube, but Lanksy does make life easier.

SD Regular
    Noth Yorkshire(ish)....Other places in Scotland depending Which deer i'm after!
    +1 on the lansky! had one for many years and it really does do a cracking job at making knives sharp. If you buy the delux kit ou can with a little time and patience re angle an edge to suit the kind of work the knife is for.
    The only other addition would be a good oval steel to get the razor edge.

Not a tutorial I know........ but probably the best and most consistent way to sharpen knives

Just watched the lanksy system on YouTube Impressive

got one of them bestest sharpener in the world jobs .18 quid in the uk ,but only 3.99 from china .wicked sharpener all u do is draw the blade backwards in a straightline .no angles an all that mullarky most easy cos im a sharpening muppet cant use a steel and wreck them angle sharpeners that come with the knives.the name is pooh best sharpener in the world but they work

Go and sit in the woods far away from anybody, pull out your knife and sharpening stone, someone will then magically appear to tell you that you are doing it wrong...