Help with DSC2

Ron

Hi hope some body can put me on the straight and narrow. I have just finished my first stalk with a witness on Islay and about to start the filling out the candidate narrative but after first doing on the PC and printing it out there is no way I can put it on one page, my question is can I just print it out and staple in into my portfolio?

regards Ron

Can you not change the text to a smaller one? However, remember that the assessor has got to read through your portfolio as well as the 3 narratives and is not paid much for doing it. Are you sure that everything you put onto the paper is absolutely necessary? The assessor needs to read about your successful stalk not the previous 2 hours of stalking through woods X, Y and Z and all the deer you spotted on route!
Hope that helps a little?
Baguio

As above, they do not want your life story of the stalk! Phone up your assessor and ask them what they want in a narrative, their number is in the front of the book and the guidelines do say you SHOULD phone them before collecting evidence.

Wrote mine in just under half a page.

You can staple or use treasury tags to add your narratives. They need to be printed on a DMQ headed page which I can send you if you don't already have one. Please PM with email address if required.

DMQ in their wisdom don't give an example ICR in the candidate paperwork, but there is one in the witness guidance notes freely available for all to download from the DMQ site.

Aim for a similar length

example ICR.png

Thanks for that guys but the guy on the estate said that if I never went into great detail then it would be rejected

Write up what your successful stalk consisted of in full, warts an all, but ensure you keep to the criteria of the L2, and try and keep it to one page type set 9 is about right, if it runs over, keep focused and keep it factual, the objective is to portray what occurred and how you completed the stalk. Then reduce it to be a true reference

One I completed for myself, went to two pages because of the beast running on, causing additional paperwork, I kept at it and got it to a full page and was happy as a true write up after a multi trawl through it and reduction.
(and missed a stupid spelling mistake) it happens

Does not really matter on length but a well planned outlay is always better than having to sift through a load of fluff clear concise and make sure you cover everything you went through with the AW on all the stalk from beginning to end.

good luck

ATB

Phil

One page A4 per ICR.
Email your external assessor and get him to confirm that one page is sufficient.
Make a note in the 'advice asked and given' section every time your assessor approves/recommends/suggests something, recording the date and time of the communication. This way nothing can ever be held against you.

You can staple or use treasury tags to add your narratives. They need to be printed on a DMQ headed page which I can send you if you don't already have one. Please PM with email address if required.
When I passed mine I just printed out on plain white A4 paper and clip them in

When I passed mine I just printed out on plain white A4 paper and clip them in

Thanks fella. DMQ issued what they described as "electronic inserts"/their headed inserts for Candidate and Witness narratives with an instruction to use them.
I provide them for the Candidates I witness for to avoid the possible delay which might be caused by a portfolio being returned because they haven't been used.
Perhaps you completed your DSC Level 2 when they weren't required or perhaps it's not something being strictly observed. In any event, Ron now has them as well as advice from members which hopefully helps.

Back