Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any recomendations

any recomendations

Hi guys, iv recently been granted a .243 on my license for fox control and eventually some deer shooting. I should have around 500 or so around the end of the month and im still unsure what gun to go for. Anyone got any recomendations? Thanks

A used Tikka 595 in good nick.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Only 500 what about the scope. I would spend that much on a scope minimum . You could try a second setup.Try Your local gun shop to see what they got. good luck woodfordfallow

weatherbys are good value for money and can get a good deal from sportsmans gun center got mine in 243 for 700 thats rifle. second hand t8 leopold rings an bases sling mod cover pull through .

Luckily I have got a half decent scope ready for me for when I get my rifle, I know 500 isnt alot at all for a rife but its all I can afford at the mo

Have a look at the ads here or a look on is worth a go.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelg View Post
    Have a look at the ads here or a look on is worth a go.
    Im constantly looking between both this site and guntrader but was unsure what make to go for, thanks for the help tho

Here ya go..... Last gun you'll have to buy....

Last edited by daven; 08-01-2014 at 21:11.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    I'm in a similar position to you, I think if you have the scope, you may well find a decent deal on a rifle. I am looking at getting one of the Howa packages, but these are between 700 - 1k. It's hard to find a perfect fit with a limited budget. I am biding my time and not rushing in. Keep looking on GT, I did this when looking for my finnfire, I eventually did well with some patience