30th Birthday ideas!

karlbird

Well, the big day I officially become 'old' and 'past it' arrives in a few weeks! (Sorry to offend my elders before I have started this pointless thread!)

My old dear asked me what I wanted, so.... It got me thinking, money no object (well in reason!) what would I want!

I started sensibly and opted for a new pair of bins, the Swaro rangefinder ones at about £3k looked ideal, replace the cheap ones I have now!

A new scope for the top of my Howa too - again, a Swaro 2.5-10x56 illuminated all-singing-all-dancing-but-still-only-rifle-scope at again around £2.5k should do!

After reading Paddy's book a form of NV would be nice, so I plumed for an NFA75 or whatever they are to go on the new scope!

And I need some wheels too, a shooting truck is long over due. I could not find a Range Rover Overfinch Holland and Holland - so I had to settle on the new Range Rover Overfinch Vogue - no price but I expect one could barter them down below the cost of a small 3 bedroom house up north, or a hundred K!

See what the birthday equivalent of santa brings, but I will settle for a bottle of port or a new decent axe, something I can hand down to the kids!

My 30th in 5 months , not really sure what to do yet .... May be a trip to Scotland or Ireland on the horizon :)

Think I'd prefer something material to actually treasure and pass on, but not sure!
Fair play mate I can't fault you for that , to be fair I've got enough gear for what I use ( not that I couldn't find a use for loads more ;) lol ) so I think I may be better suited to a trip

Well, the big day I officially become 'old' and 'past it' arrives in a few weeks! (Sorry to offend my elders before I have started this pointless thread!)

My old dear asked me what I wanted, so.... It got me thinking, money no object (well in reason!) what would I want!

I started sensibly and opted for a new pair of bins, the Swaro rangefinder ones at about £3k looked ideal, replace the cheap ones I have now!

A new scope for the top of my Howa too - again, a Swaro 2.5-10x56 illuminated all-singing-all-dancing-but-still-only-rifle-scope at again around £2.5k should do!

After reading Paddy's book a form of NV would be nice, so I plumed for an NFA75 or whatever they are to go on the new scope!

And I need some wheels too, a shooting truck is long over due. I could not find a Range Rover Overfinch Holland and Holland - so I had to settle on the new Range Rover Overfinch Vogue - no price but I expect one could barter them down below the cost of a small 3 bedroom house up north, or a hundred K!

See what the birthday equivalent of santa brings, but I will settle for a bottle of port or a new decent axe, something I can hand down to the kids!
. As one old farmer told me today Don’t worry about getting old it don’t last long

Nah I am with you there, I have been lucky lately to have been in the position that if I wanted something I have just gone out and bought it.

But.... You can never have enough toys, even if we could open a gear shop!

Don’t worry so much about been 30 look foreword to been 40. Life begins at forty.:D
As for something to do... Come to New Zealand If you go on this site, and ask the right questions you will get some hunt experiences you will not forget.
All from public land

http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz

I went stalking red stags in Scotland for my 30th. Was going to stick one on the wall as a memento. The trade member off this very site must have spent all night putting out the fake droppings and slots because we saw signs everywhere, but no stags! ;)

Still had a great time :D

30 and 40 are times gone by for me. I can look forward to 60 though in a couple of years and, like everyone, watch as my state pension gets further away the nearer I get to it.

So, if money was no object, perhaps this is the way to go:

http://search.knightfrank.co.uk/edn120161

If anyone sees this and buys it, a finders fee of 5% of the price paid will do though. <sigh> :D

I opted for a watch go for something classic it will last a life time and it will always be with you. I have recently upscaled to an oris automatic and love it. P.s. Enjoy the money now as with a wife and kids money vanishes in front of your eyes.:)

Pedro, I did mention a nice sporting estate!

Jason, just bought a Brieting. Apparently I am hard to buy for as if I want something I just buy it!

Back