RSPCA collector sent packing!

paultap

I had a knock at the door the other evening and on opening it I was greeted by a young Bulgarian lady dressed in an RSPCA waistcoat. She was wearing a badge with ID and was carrying a clipboard with forms etc attached and wondered if I would be interested in donating money to the RSPCA. It looked as if you could donate money on a direct debit basis and looked pretty genuine.

I didn't really give her much of a chance to reel off her "sales pitch" as I said I wasn't interested in donating and gave her a two minute lecture on why. I said I wasn't interested in donating money to a charity that would appear to be spending a large part of its donations prosecuting Old age pensioners and the like for the sake of publicity rather than trying to help or re-educate them. I also objected to the cosy relationship the RSPCA seems to have with the police in obtaining confidential information about individuals that they are interested in trying to prosecute. ( I also mentioned the large numbers of prosecutions which fail for lack of evidence or are deemed to be not worthy of prosecution in the first place )

I mentioned that I was fully in favor of people being prosecuted for deliberate Animal cruelty or neglect but that the RSPCA now seems to be more interested in prosecuting rather than trying to help people. They also neglect to mention to the public that they put down a large number of perfectly healthy animals every year that they have difficulty in finding homes for.

A few days later I saw the same young lady and another Bulgarian colleague ( clad in RSPCA attire ) both canvasing a small village near to where I live. I am now wondering if the RSPCA are using the Influx of eastern European labor to help fill their coffers !

Last edited:
Good man.
If they actually stuck to what I would imagine their original remit was I wouldn't have a problem with them but they have become way too political in recent times.

My parents had them Knocking on there door on Wednesday night (I had just called in at the right time )trying to get them to set up a direct debit to save all the poor stray pets that the rspca collect. The door stepper left sharpish when I said do " you shoot them or gas them when you save the strays":rofl:

Bob.

Right on both counts. And they r most likely on commission so will keep on calling :banghead:

I am a spineless wuss when it comes to doorstep sellers. Well...maybe SMART...perhaps!

I just tell then that the house is rented and that "the landlord" deals with any double glazing, roofing, etc., etc.. Odd as it is you never ever see them back again.

Once they know that you aren't the owner they have no interest.

For charities I just tell them that I give to a "rival" so for RSPCA I tell them I already give...to the PDSA!

Wonder if she knew that the RSPCA was set up by a those to protect the lot of working horses, including Masters of Foxhounds, rather than pursue fatuous prosecutions based on politics and not actually demonstrable cruelty? Probably not . Mind, the current 'CEO' Gavin 'Grabbing' Grant probably doesnt knowing either

I had a knock at the door the other evening and on opening it I was greeted by a young Bulgarian lady dressed in an RSPCA waistcoat. She was wearing a badge with ID and was carrying a clipboard with forms etc attached and wondered if I would be interested in donating money to the RSPCA. It looked as if you could donate money on a direct debit basis and looked pretty genuine.
!
In south wales ? on her own :eek:

In my opinion they have become far to concerned with anti hunt issues and politics and have been misguided by those they now employ, they should have stayed true to their origins. One example is the recent events over the Badger culling, they were invited to supervise the issues concerning humaneness, they refused, they then went as far as to disagree on both moral and political grounds until their demands were met, those being to be given all information concerning who when and where regards the cull stating that there employees were also being endangered without the information, ie they may be shot!!!
it's suspicious since that information then became both Anti hunt & public knowledge in that order.

Think I would be paying a lot of attention to the apparently genuine uniform etc, some clever bu**ers about, saw a van picking up clothing bags once, he shot off with the back doors swinging when he figured out someone was clocking him.

Can the OP please tell us how he knew that these people were Bulgarian ? Can you now tell somneones nationality simply by looking at them :rolleyes:

Can the OP please tell us how he knew that these people were Bulgarian ? Can you now tell somneones nationality simply by looking at them :rolleyes:

Its quite simple really, the young lady told me she was from Bulgaria , on the second occasion she walked past me whilst talking to her friend in a foreign language, I put my Sherlock Holmes hat on and deduced that her friend was Bulgarian too....... Elementary my dear Timbo61!

Last edited:
" you shoot them or gas them when you save the strays" a valid comment; try getting an answer from them on this point. It would be nice to think that the RSPCA put down animals with a lethal injection, but that takes skill. I believe that they used to put down dogs by placing them in an airtight box and pumping out the air, effectively suffocating the animal. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

I would like to correct an assertion made in my last post, that the RSPCA are guilty of suffocating animals as a technique suitable for euthanasia. I have just looked at their website which states categorically that this rechnique is unacceptible. My information is clearly outdated and incorrect.

I think a more important point seems to have been missed here , I`d bet they were bogus RSPCA collectors , if opportunity arises Id take a photo of them and their id , two Bulgarians collecting for the RSPCA does not stack up with me .Ive seen many eastern European immigrants making a living from fake charity collecting in France , Italy and Spain.

my other half is a vet nurse and thinks they should be forced to stop using the royal part of their name cos they are ****

I think a more important point seems to have been missed here , I`d bet they were bogus RSPCA collectors , if opportunity arises Id take a photo of them and their id , two Bulgarians collecting for the RSPCA does not stack up with me .Ive seen many eastern European immigrants making a living from fake charity collecting in France , Italy and Spain.

Why do you think it more likely that they are bogus, rather than just Bulgarians collecting for the RSPCA?

Good man.
If they actually stuck to what I would imagine their original remit was I wouldn't have a problem with them but they have become way too political in recent times.

YES To Right Like trying to take peoples inheritance and , fighting the families through the COURTS

YES To Right Like trying to take peoples inheritance and , fighting the families through the COURTS

That's probably about the point it all started going wrong and the real money grabbing started.
They are very clever at the publicity thing though and will probably continue to do well out of the bleeding hearts brigade ,lonely old people etc who believe in the ads that are being aired on the TV.
A little sad when pensioners are dying from the cold in the UK in the 21st century and yet people will support the RSPCA rather than charities that will help the elderly.
But I suppose that,s another story......................................................
I do hope that no lottery money goes in the RSPCAs direction?

Back