Hare in tomatoe sauce recipe!

Capstankid

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Scandinavian recipe that was made with hare and a tomatoe sauce? Or whatever your hare recipe is?
Cheers Joe

Last edited:
Tomato soup is real goer.
Use a good thick brand of Tomato soup. ( 3 to 4 tins for an adult Hare) and cook as you would a casserole .. Plenty of fresh veg and don`t forget those Parsley flavoured dumplings!
The slower you cook it the better it will be.

Last edited:
Tomato soup is real goer.
Use a good thick brand of Tomato soup. ( 3 to 4 tins for an adult Hare) and cook as you would a casserole .. Plenty of fresh veg and don`t forget those Parsley flavoured dumplings!
The slower you cook it the better it will be.

That sounds awesome cheers, will get that made up tonight!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Scandinavian recipe that was made with hare and a tomatoe sauce? Or whatever your hare recipe is?
Cheers Joe

Hi, just fry some onions 500gram will do, add 15 cloves of garlic and sweat that through then add 500ml of tomato pasata and 200ml of red wine and stir in some mixed herbs, salt and pepper, lots of paprika, 1 table spoon of sugar or honey. Once heated through well, show it a liquidiser and add 250ml of double cream, sit it to one side.
Take the hare either jointed or diced and rub it in flour, then brown it off in lots of butter with a good 200grams of smoked streaky bacon (cubed). Add the hare and bacon to the sauce and chuck in 2 bay leaves.
Place it all into a cast iron casserole dish or similar and pop it into an oven at 125 deg c. Cook it off for 5 hrs or over night and add red wine if it looks too thick.
Once cooked, serve with pasta.

Kind regards, Olaf

Hi, just fry some onions 500gram will do, add 15 cloves of garlic and sweat that through then add 500ml of tomato pasata and 200ml of red wine and stir in some mixed herbs, salt and pepper, lots of paprika, 1 table spoon of sugar or honey. Once heated through well, show it a liquidiser and add 250ml of double cream, sit it to one side.
Take the hare either jointed or diced and rub it in flour, then brown it off in lots of butter with a good 200grams of smoked streaky bacon (cubed). Add the hare and bacon to the sauce and chuck in 2 bay leaves.
Place it all into a cast iron casserole dish or similar and pop it into an oven at 125 deg c. Cook it off for 5 hrs or over night and add red wine if it looks too thick.
Once cooked, serve with pasta.

Kind regards, Olaf
Next hare I will try that! Cheers

15 cloves of garlic?
Please clarify

Yah, you just pop them in there allomg with the onions. I know what your saying, but they loose their stink as they get cooked for so long. Its like the classic Keith Floyd's roast chicken with 30 cloves of garlic, after that much cooking, its just a sweet taste that's left. Its very nice, try it.
Kind regards, Olaf

Back