pillar bedding tikka t3 + rimfire magic for the 17

6mmAI

hello there, I have just braught a new laminate stock for the t3 and want to get it pillar bedded and glass bedded, so where can I get the pillars?

and also I have a cz 17 hmr, with the quality hammer matic trigger with floating trigger pull between 2oz and 100000oz... so ive been looking at the rimfire magic kits.... but what are they like?

cheers charlie

I used the Rimfire Magic setup on my CZ .17HMR but still found the trigger creep excessive.

It has been replaced with a RifleBasix trigger which is much better - in my opinion!

If you would like the unused parts of my RFM kit, please let me know.

hello there, I have just braught a new laminate stock for the t3 and want to get it pillar bedded and glass bedded, so where can I get the pillars?

and also I have a cz 17 hmr, with the quality hammer matic trigger with floating trigger pull between 2oz and 100000oz... so ive been looking at the rimfire magic kits.... but what are they like?

cheers charlie

I'm sure you know what your up to but just to reiterate my findings from the past, does it shoot tight already? if so why touch it?

I'm sure you know what your up to but just to reiterate my findings from the past, does it shoot tight already? if so why touch it?

well it shoots 1.5" at 100 yards.... did shoot <.5" but its may fault....long story but major lesson lernt..... do not fu*k about with things what don't need it....
so because of that I needed a new stock or spend money on it and try get it sorted....

so my thinking was once the new stock turns up before I put it on and try zeroing it, just get it pillar bedded and glass bedded... then start a fresh....

The gunsmith you choose to do the bedding will usual manufacture the pillars to suit your rifle themselves, if you intend doing the job yourself then the same applies however, universal pillars are available from Brownells and Midway as well as online from other suppliers.

Ian.

The gunsmith you choose to do the bedding will usual manufacture the pillars to suit your rifle themselves, if you intend doing the job yourself then the same applies however, universal pillars are available from Brownells and Midway as well as online from other suppliers.

Ian.

well id like to do it my self but don't know whether id be better getting a gunsmith to do it, I don't know how difficult the job is.... if I could find someone near the Scottish borders what knew what they was doing it would be handy....

charlie

well id like to do it my self but don't know whether id be better getting a gunsmith to do it, I don't know how difficult the job is.... if I could find someone near the Scottish borders what knew what they was doing it would be handy....

charlie

If your home improvement DIY level is skilled then a bedding job should be well within your ability, the actaul bedding is not a problem its the preperation of the stock to recieve the bedding that can be difficult to execute
I use a milling machine to relieve the stock around the action and bore out the action screw area.
I reccommend you watch as much youtube on rifle bedding as you can and then make a decision.

Ian.

If your home improvement DIY level is skilled then a bedding job should be well within your ability, the actaul bedding is not a problem its the preperation of the stock to recieve the bedding that can be difficult to execute
I use a milling machine to relieve the stock around the action and bore out the action screw area.
I reccommend you watch as much youtube on rifle bedding as you can and then make a decision.

Ian.

my DIY stretches to making a tunnel trap, or a funnel cage what never end up square.....

I think I may head over to the gun shop.....

also would jb weld be ok for bedding? or do you know of a better bedding compound?

charlie

Try third eye tactical they do them but had none before Christmas when I called in ask to speak to Craig or Mark think they are under a tenner hope this helps

JB weld is fine, thats what i use, i use it because it is a little more runny then Devcon or marine tex but you need to take a bit more care in its use.

Ian.

ah ok, well you fancy a trip to jedburgh and show me how to do it... lol

il supply every thing haha

charlie

well it shoots 1.5" at 100 yards.... did shoot <.5" but its may fault....long story but major lesson lernt..... do not fu*k about with things what don't need it....
so because of that I needed a new stock or spend money on it and try get it sorted....

so my thinking was once the new stock turns up before I put it on and try zeroing it, just get it pillar bedded and glass bedded... then start a fresh....

Oooo what did you do or would you rather not say?

Oooo what did you do or would you rather not say?

well with the mod on when I was resting on the bipod, the stock would touch in places... so d**khead here thought it would be a great idea to the die grinder and mouse sander out, and take of some plastic so it didn't touch any more.... well.... DONT.... cos now when I rest in on the mirror or bag it flexes that much it touches even worse.... and 1.5" is on a good day, can open up too 4" off the bipod, and sticks or mirror is a no go... cos I don't think I could hit a barn door at 10 yard.....

so would JB WELD KWIK WELD 2 PART EPOXY RESIN be ok for it? and would 56G be enough? or would I need more?

charlie

well with the mod on when I was resting on the bipod, the stock would touch in places... so d**khead here thought it would be a great idea to the die grinder and mouse sander out, and take of some plastic so it didn't touch any more.... well.... DONT.... cos now when I rest in on the mirror or bag it flexes that much it touches even worse.... and 1.5" is on a good day, can open up too 4" off the bipod, and sticks or mirror is a no go... cos I don't think I could hit a barn door at 10 yard.....

Ah well we all do stupid things from time to time but at least you got a laminate stock out of it, where did you get the stock from?

I'm cutting out and fitting a kit for an adjustable cheek piece on my Sako 85 shortly, I may need a new stock also :doh:

Ah well we all do stupid things from time to time but at least you got a laminate stock out of it, where did you get the stock from?
I'm cutting out and fitting a kit for an adjustable cheek piece on my Sako 85 shortly, I may need a new stock also :doh:

indeed, I felt very stupid after it.... it was one of the ( oh this will be great... then oh f**k why did I do that... ) moments....
and yes got a lovely laminate stock just skint now lol and I got it off here, should be here Monday...

so would JB WELD KWIK WELD 2 PART EPOXY RESIN be ok for it? and would 56G be enough? or would I need more?

charlie

JB Kwik Weld....hmmm dont know, depends what the working time is, i use standard JB weld which takes several hours before it starts to go off.
56g or roughly 2oz should be enough, we always mix up more then we need because its hard to tell how much you want but its better to have too much then not enough.
I bought mine off ebay, shop size 10oz in total.

Ian.

Would that be one of those cheek piece kits from e-bay aliS?

If you wanted to salvage the stock, you could fill the plastic webbing with something like Devcon to restore stiffness.
I have bedded my boyds t3 stock with titanium Devcon, all seems ok.

Back