Best bullet for 270 win

Surgemaster34

Hi just bought a styer mannlicher 270 Winchester pro hunter, just wondered if a anyone had advise on what bullet to use I e make , and weight . It's for all breeds of deer, might even go down the home load road?

I really liked Hornadys 130 gr SST bullet, always worked very well with great stopping power. 110 gr v-max is worth a look too.

Norma 130 grain SP factory or Nosler 130 grain Accubond in my homeloads. Both seem to do the trick very well.

130gr for me
unless the 140-150gr are pushed very hard there is no advantage in energy delivery or ballistics over a well made soft point
130gr also comes in more flavours

I'm using Norma 130gr soft points for deer and Norma 110gr V Max for foxes. Both factory loads.

Can't say that they're the best, but they work for me and my rifle.

I've owned several 270 WIN's over the years and presently have one . Also have a 270 Weatherby and had a 270 WSM . In all three cartridges all I have ever used were 130 grain bullets . Be it a Nosler 130 BT , a Nosler 130 Partition , a Hornady 130 SST , a Barnes 130 TSX or a Combined Technology 130 Ballistic Silvertip . Oh yeah I also used Sierra 130's a few times . In those three cartridges the bullets I mentioned did an excellent job on all the whitetail deer I fired them at .

barnes ttsx 130 grain, 55 grains of h4350, great knockdown power on big reds and vels of 2713 out of a 20 inch barrel, not over fast but it gives the bullet time to expand, just a case though of finding what your rifle likes then stick with it

another vote for the sst, i also use hornady interlocks which have been great along with speer spire points and lastly seirra gamekings which worked well on roe but rarely had an exit in reds and always had jacket seperation so stopped using them. if you can find them partions are also a top bullet,atb wayne

I don't use a .270 , but I really rate the nosler partition for larger deer in my .308 , if you can get try some I'd recomend it .

Factory ammo that shoots well through my remington is Norma 140 grain ballistic tips, and hornady 130grain non-lead.

58 gr n160 for me

130 gr ballistic tip for Charlie
130 gr accu-bond for deer

Hits like a train, flat shooting with my 24” barrel, never get any complaints

Back