Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question of etiquite

A question of etiquite

This year beaters day for me lands on a saturday so i hope to attend.I only beat saturdays due to working full time. I hope to shoot on the day and the routine is i believe shoot two drives and beat the other two. Im really excited to shoot at some of the high birds that ive watched others tackle during the season. I understand the concept that beaters day is a reward/bonus for a hard seasons work but my question is,do i if ive had a great days shooting do i tip the keeper ???...might be a silly question but im not sure...Hugh.

I would never have expected any sort of tip on a beaters day.As you have said it is a small thank you for the work the beaters have put in over the shooting season.

Certainly not up here at least. You've helped him all season, its your part payment in return.

no need to tip on beaters day just enjoy yourself ,atb. doug..

Thank you all. Ive not done this before so thought it best to ask to save any embaressment etc Thanks again....Hugh.

As the others said, Hugh - it's a reward for all your help! Good question though, and I completely understand why you asked it.

Has the estate dried out at all yet? Most of the land is still sodden down here...

Take a bottle of something to share though!

Yes fangler i intend to do that mate lol...for afterwards of course... Paddy... no mate the ground is totally sodden. I wear german para boots and gortex leggings when beating and yesterday i was lagged up to my knees with mud. I use a staff to help keep my balance on the steep sides of the goyles and if you slip you slide on the mud all the way down lol (not)....Hugh.

As a fulltime keeper i domt expect to receive tips from my beater although some do , they are appreciated same goes to guests for the same day

its my way of saying a big thanks to those that have helped durinfg the previous year
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

worst thisng im my eyes that can happen is that some body goes round with a hat , its an akward situation as some people feel oblicated to tip and those that were going to tip like to be personal about it
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class