sako mounts question

Richard Parsons

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between long action and short action mounts? Will short action for .308 for example be ok on a .6.5x55?

didn't know they did two different mounts!! the sako optilocks fit sako rifles of any length action, I assume it's optilocks you are talking about??

if it is a one piece mount like a DNZ then the short action will only fit 308 or 243 22 250 etc. , you will need a long action mount for the 6.5 and up.

didn't know they did two different mounts!! the sako optilocks fit sako rifles of any length action, I assume it's optilocks you are talking about??

if it is a one piece mount like a DNZ then the short action will only fit 308 or 243 22 250 etc. , you will need a long action mount for the 6.5 and up.

The back base (the one with the recoil stud in it) is exactly the same.The front base difference is the position of the mounting screw and ring.Both models fit all actions.The long action should be ok but you could possibly use short depending on the scope
ScreenShot2014-01-13at143234_zps10beb868.png

Last edited:
Back