Lost My Stalking Ground

User00004

Well, what a phone call, just been told that the current owners (Well, previous owners) have sold the ground I had the stalking on :( :( :( :( :( . This has come totally out of the blue to say the least :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Gutted, totally gutted!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Never saw it coming at all. Was looking to doing my L2 on there, which was obviously well benificial to me as I know the ground, know where the Sika hang out, know when the Red come onto it etc..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't know what the new owners are going to do, but I was lucky to get it in the first place. Wait and see, but not holding my breath.

So, if anybody has a stalking lease (Inverness Area) up for grabs, please get in touch!!

A very disheartened TJ.

Merry Christmas. :cry:

You poor devil - just when it was shaping up so well. Fingers crossed that it will come right in the end.

TJ its always a downer when this sort of thing happens but dont waste any time contacting the new owners to see if you can carry on doing the deer management before someone else does
Unfortuately these days you might have to let your wallet do most of the talking.
I hope it all works out for you
ATB
RICK O SHEA

I lost a few bits locally over the past two years, one due to death of the owner the others as the owner retired and sold up.
I have managed to pick up more to replace it. keep your pecker up.

lost stalking

Lost the deer management on the ground i keeper today aswell :( The new land agent has not included the deer in the syndicates new contract i worked hard to try and maintain a healthy population which the tenant farm was very happy with and also the syndicate i work for was more than happy with but as with most things these days the agent probably has some wealthy cowboy lined up to come over twice a year and undo all the hardwork :mad:

well what a shitter :cry: really feel for you mate , keep ure chin up and i hope it all works out for you soon !

all the very best , lee

Sorry to hear it TJ. Big money and big syndicates seem to be order of the day. Hopefully you can sweet talk the new owners. My mate had two estates sold out from under him this year. Me I haven't found ground yet but not for the want of trying,
Jim

Bummer!!!
I'll know how feels soon enough... my shooting buddy rang me all excited last week to say he's found us some land in West Sussex. Bit of a trek but there's deer on it so worth the drive.
Then in the next breath said "but I don't know for how long, it's for sale"

Thats a real bugger TJ, but chin up mate, I'm sure that you'll have more soon (and of course like others have said get onto the new owners asap!). In the mean time I bet there's plenty of lads on here willing to take you out for a stalk or two!

ATB

Gez

Try not to dwell on it mate, you'll do just as well without it! 8) , a bit different, but I lost a bit of ground through the owner being approached by one of his kids mates father, as their kids were at the same school he got the ground, but he'll need me before I need him! :D

Sorry to hear about that TJ but as Rick Oshea has posted dont waste any time in contacting new owners you never no,even if its a negative responce keep your pecker up you never know what may come of it if you have managed the ground well.

RICK O SHEA said:
TJ its always a downer when this sort of thing happens but dont waste any time contacting the new owners to see if you can carry on doing the deer management before someone else does
Unfortuately these days you might have to let your wallet do most of the talking.

TJ
Rick is right, this happened to me this year,
i was not as lucky as you
the old owner never even told me he had sold up, but through the grapevine it came to my attention before any damage was done
i approached the new owner and he has let me carry on untill further notice on the same deal as i had with the old owner
best of luck with it and hope it works out ok

Hi Stu,
I know the feeling. I lost mine when I retired, the land went with the job.
I am still looking after two years !!!!
It is the most horrible/frustrating feeling to have guns and nowhere to use them when you want to.
It takes a lot of arranging and appointment making just to zero these days.

Bloody hell Stu, that's a real kick in the nuts.

You are welcome across at mine anytime you like, I'm only a phone call away.

John

Re: lost stalking

243fallow said:
Lost the deer management on the ground i keeper today aswell :( The new land agent has not included the deer in the syndicates new contract i worked hard to try and maintain a healthy population which the tenant farm was very happy with and also the syndicate i work for was more than happy with but as with most things these days the agent probably has some wealthy cowboy lined up to come over twice a year and undo all the hardwork :mad:

Do take into account that estates are not charities and it may have been the choice of the syndicate not to retain the stalking and therefore reduce their costs. It might have made the difference between folding or not.... To assume that the new stalking tenant is a cowboy could be viewed as jumping to a conclusion, you may find that he/she asks you to continue...

Back