Tika M595 stock question

Rake Aboot

Hello blokes, and blokettes

Currently have an M595 in stainless with a laminate stock.

The stock needs a new finish as I don`t think it`s been done properly so need to have a think about what finish is best (advice would be great)

What I`m asking though, is , if I decided to fit a synthetic stock, which one would you fit and why ?

I like composite stocks, I`ve used loads, and combined with the stainless action, I`m sure it would make the Tika my perfect working rifle.

I`m open to all ideas regards stocks, but weight is definitely a consideration.

Thanks

Hello blokes, and blokettes

Currently have an M595 in stainless with a laminate stock.

The stock needs a new finish as I don`t think it`s been done properly so need to have a think about what finish is best (advice would be great)

What I`m asking though, is , if I decided to fit a synthetic stock, which one would you fit and why ?

I like composite stocks, I`ve used loads, and combined with the stainless action, I`m sure it would make the Tika my perfect working rifle.

I`m open to all ideas regards stocks, but weight is definitely a consideration.

Thanks

Stick with the laminate, very stable material, finishing them is easy peasy but worth getting it done.

Rake

If you do decide to swap the stock let me know - We may be able to do a deal - I have a 243 M595 in a wooden stock & always fancied a laminate one - the dealer I bought mine off (many moons ago) didn't have laminate - only the wooden one.
I'd be interested to know how heavy the laminate stock is. So if you take it off please weigh it & let me know.
The Tikka plastic stock is certainly lighter than the wood, & I think the laminate will be a bit heavier.

Ian

Rake

If you do decide to swap the stock let me know - We may be able to do a deal - I have a 243 M595 in a wooden stock & always fancied a laminate one - the dealer I bought mine off (many moons ago) didn't have laminate - only the wooden one.
I'd be interested to know how heavy the laminate stock is. So if you take it off please weigh it & let me know.
The Tikka plastic stock is certainly lighter than the wood, & I think the laminate will be a bit heavier.

Ian

Yorric, the Tikka Laminate isn't too bad, it makes for a very sturdy rifle when fitted. I just fitted one to a 243, bloody awesome. :)

Did they ever do a factory laminate in left hand? I understand they didn't do the synthetic in left hand.

Novice

Regarding finish on the laminate, I found using a dual/random orbit sander with gradually finer grades of paper gave an excellent finish, then gave a few coats of Danish oil witch gives a matt hard wearing finish.

i had my 20 tac stock done by our james on here, jager SA.

spot on job.

when he sent me the pictures showing just how much work he had to do to get mt stock back in shape,

this is it now,

View attachment 37377im so glad i had it done as it was nothing like it was now.

what a cracking job,

bob.

Back